Medtronic
Medtronic Employee Review

Fun

3,0
3 November 2017
My duties involved the below.

ž Project co-ordination of International and local congresses / meetings.

ž Manage and track budget, on expenses for Staff / HPC’s, PA to Business Unit Manager’s and Director.

ž Collate and track BCS Documents for KOL honoraria, Journals, congress approvals.

ž Oversees and local coordination planning through Ecats, budgeting, implementation of special events (product launches, Congresses and Academia Meetings)

I learned a great deal, internal courses up-skilled me. the best part of my job was conferences that I organized and having the customer interactions. Hardest part of my Job was having to meet deadlines with out the required budget. The work culture was amazing I am an extrovert and love people so Medtronic gave me a platform to meet people from all walks of life that I learned from.
2,0
5,0
1,0
4,0
Pros
Free Friday lunches, flexibility
Cons
Required to work more than the required hours with out overtime
3,0
17 February 2020
Same location
Business Group Manager - Diabetes Group (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Products are world class and best in class.
Local Teams are wonderful to work with. Regional teams more challenging due to language barriers.

Internal processes a nightmare.
5,0
13 July 2019
Warehouse Outbound Supervisor (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Truly an amazing experience.
Good balance of work and family life, allows one to create his or her style of work and be comfortable.Management creates a passion for being there and results are rewarded through the year not only on bonuses.
Pros
Nice canteen, good balance of work and home.
Cons
Nothing that springs to mind
29 April 2019
Manager (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
I appreciated the fact that Medtronic promotes from within and you have a good chance to further your career if you work hard and smart.

The fact that the SA business reports into Dubai makes it susceptible to structural changes without really understanding the market.