Mercedes-Benz Group

Mercedes-Benz Group Employee Reviews

South Africa271 reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

Found 271 reviews matching the searchSee all 7 983 reviews

Productive and family fun activities

It's a good company to work for, have a great time to work with, they good pay a good salary and they care about their employees, very supportive in everything, they look after their employees in terms of wellness and educational.

It was productive

It was productive, and you always learn new things at work. They gave us skills there that you can use outside the plant to benefit you. It was great

Working conditions

Work load excessive communication with management non existent don't want to even note that there are problems no back up regarding problems don't know what you actually do but try to tell you how to do you work only want people who they can kind of mold / manipulate to tere ways or needs

Good company

Family oriented and good management. Alot of opportunities in making money. Interview process takes long but is worth it. Good company benefits with a decent salary and commission and incentives.

Customer eccentric, quality workmanship, teamwork

Productivity and efficiency is first priority, thus making it customer eccentric, teamwork is always encouraged due to the product /vehicles are of a premium brand, minimizing errors which could incur unnecessary cost to the company

Pros

5 days work week, weekends off, productivity incentives, team building events

Cons

Parts not immediately available, special tools not updated, no workshop thoroughfare

Great growth opportunities

I am enjoying my time at Mbsa.The interview screenings were rigorous but its been worth it.I have just been appointed into a new role which I am looking forward to learning more.

Productive and fun workplace

I loved working at Mercedes Benz. We were a family, I had good relationships. We were a very motivated and target driven team. You given a chance to excel in other departments.

Pros

Free lunches, t shirts, golf days.

Cons

Fair

Educational, productive, fun place to work at

Mercedes-Benz is an automative company that believes more in uplifting students and helping them to gain knowledge and grow within the work environment, its full of opportunities.

Pros

Team buildings

People that worked with me was fabulous

Not much to say than if you work hard they expect you to work harder and if you apply for another possition or shall I say other dept. they won't move you unless you resign.

Pros

Gearbox centre was the best place to work

Cons

Issue getting updated equipment

Productive and fun working

- be flexible enough to work shifts- be loyal and complying to the policies and company values.- be vibrant and energetic person- love your work/ job

Pros

Sometimes free lunches

Cons

Over time

Productive Work environment

One of the best companies to work for. Lots of growth and development. Friendly and productive environment. Professional and knowledgeable staff. Lots of benefits.

Pros

Staff gym

Productive and effetiently

Gained lot experience in diagnosing, repairing Mercedes Benz vehicles, maintening both heavy and light duty motor vehicle, recognized Technician yearly

Pros

Free lunches when going for training s

Cons

Required to work overtime 3 times a week

Great place to work at

Friendly work environment and with good managementThe company is very passionate about their employees and is consistently doing its best to pay well and provide good benefit to all everyone.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Long hours if you have a number of projects

Productive and professional work environment

Loved the company culture back then. We had plenty of fun company events such as team building events & sleep away year end events. Canteen menu was varied and subsidised Although environment was fast paced it was fun and informative. Learning experience was great.Everyone was treated as equally by management. Yearly company events were held where we were allowed to bring our spouses and kids under the age of 13 years old. Not a dull day working at DC finance!

Pros

Cost effective lunches, great benefits

Cons

Not much opportunity for career advancement back then

fun workplace great environment

the company is going through some major changes and it is determined to be the market leader although there is a lot of achievement over the years more needed to be done.it needs to be more appealing to the surrounding . .

It was the best to work at Mercedes Benz

Do your best at all times. Working at Mercedes Benz was a great opportunity for me. I would recomend working there to anyone. Its a loving and kind environment.

Pros

Good opportunity

Cons

Great working hours

Friendly staff easy to work with . Efficient between different departments. No micro management. Independent decision making. Satisfactory salary and benefits

Pros

Conferences

Cons

Absolutely a fantastic job experience

Absolutely a fantastic job experience . Job satisfaction. Job study . Meetings to improve departments . Adhere to company policies and procedures . Visited different countries in which Mercedes Benz is situated and share knowledge

Pros

Salary job security

Cons

No social life

Mercedes Benz

I enjoyed working there. I learned new things and perfected things that I was struggling with in the previous years. I met new people and it made a impact on what I really want for my future.

How i deal with customers

How i deal with customers .how to communicate with different people from different culture. Dont come wil personal problems at work.knows that customers alwas rigth

Pros

Nice working there

Cons

Contract

was a very traumatic time of my life so I think under any other time and circumstance I would have really enjoyed staying with them.

Mercedes was awesome but my life situation then was not good. I was going through some really deep and painful trauma at the time. I doubt they would have understood then. I loved working there although the team was not openly hostile to me they were not the friendliest either. I know my skills and talent...I would have out performed all of them and then some. Its a wonderful product and I love the Premium Brand Auto Market. Its my style. I wish they would have taken time to let me settle and work out the pain and trauma....I am sure it would have turned out so much better. I was alone and had to sink deeper into a misery before I shook off the demons and created a much more meaningful and creative future for me. It took time to heal but it was a necessary journey. Mercedes Benz is Awesome.

Pros

Good Manager...good cars...good company

Cons

no emotional or trauma support when needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercedes-Benz Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 7 983 reviews