Merchants SA

Merchants SA Employee Reviews

the working environment was pleasing the only problem was with the payroll technicalities which were always being experienced. colleagues and team leaders were making the the environment welcoming.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Make sure to be at work on time otherwise it will affect your salaryFollow rules and regulations Respect your colleagues and team leaders regardless of age difference
Management has a ugly habit of making last minute changes and communicate those changes at short notice.Unreasonable work schedules and longer hours. Management doesn't care about staff's safetyBesides the little salary, Management is my biggest problem. They lack common sense. Their Management skills are detrimental to their client's business growth. Unhappy employees make for Unhappy customers and subsequently poor service and performance. Toxic workplace.
Cons
they had a lot of things to do during lunch to help us relax during lunch time, working hours ours accommodated our private lives and the salary was enough
Pros
basic salary was good
Cons
commission structure was not too bad
Its a company that's looking for loyalty and perseverance in an employee, team player and ambitious. They give first preference to employees for growth.
Be yourself and you will succeed at anything...At Merchant SA I have learned on how to grow and believe more in myself and also in others.I also realised that I have remarkable management skills.
Some business units are fast paced and by the time you knock off, you're literally tired, your ears are tired and want nothing but to rest. I've learnt to take advantage of every opportunity that comes my way, be it good or bad there's always a lot to learn in any situation and to be excellent in my job, I need not to give my job a bad attitude.
My time with Merchants has been an amazing one and so looking forward to spend more years with them . Having such reasonable management and their skills of enhancing work life. Tje environment is so encouraging and motivating everyone that is working. In the company.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Less incentives
Good working conditions with a team, learning more about deployment of PC and admin and also gained good customer service experience . And also learn a lot about working in a call centre its busy place to work
Great for a school leafer to build experience. Just the balance between your lifestyle and work is not a great mixture. Graveyard shifts. No weekends. The environment is very nice. Unfortunately no social life.
Could do better with the salaries and employee benefits. Definitely winning at employee development. Need a better recruitment process. More permanency
Merchants is a good company with great people. Its a good working environment and family orientated. The working hours are fair and yiu also get great benefits
I enjoyed working there as the people were welcoming, I made friends easily and it was close to home and traveling cost were less and transport was easily accessible.
My experience at merchants was beautiful.working hours was awesome working from Mon to frid.9-6 hour break.it was a chilled environment and there's a huge growth.My only problem was the salary it was too little for the working load we were doing I could not survive with such small amount.
Heb niet echt genoeg tijd om het woord te doen dat van je wordt verwacht, overwerkt met minimaal loon. mijn ervaring met betalen in een managerrol was extreem onder marktgerelateerd.
Merchants is extremely fast-paced and demanding, although you are able to bring your innovation and creativity to problem solving. the best part of my day was the people I worked with, a sense of fun and achievement left me feeling positive i think the changes occurring in the business was poorly managed and this certainly made the last few months with the company quite challenging.
Pros
Great employeee support and benefits
Cons
demanding workplace
I have learnt a lot from Merchants SA. Working from 07h00 up until 16h00 and i have learnt that customer is the boss for there will be no profit in any business without their support (Customers). They are very supportive and accept every individuals. The hardest part is client calls back to back and they offer everyone opportunity for everything ie growth
Merchants management needs to be updated they management staff needs to on training and be trained on how to interact with they employees. They need to understand they work with different types of people. They management staff don't go with they culture of merchants is about they people that's not true.
fun filled environment very friendly staff feel at home and close like family very good feeling feel at home can be yourself around them they closed down therefore i am no longer yhere
the company promises growth but never delivers and they treat the employees terriblily and pay their salaries short. Hr misleads employees and you cant get you provident fund paid out.
Pros
hours
Cons
everyting else
I was a Merchants SA employee in the past. This was a great company to work for. However our relationship was soured and they found "dirt" on me, and used this against me. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone as a result. They pay poorly and expect long hours...
  1. Employee Reviews