Merchants
Coronavirus update

Merchants Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Cape Town, Western Cape40 reviews
4,0
Good place to work with a good relationship with peers. Not alot of growth opportunities though, but seems to be more opportunities in the Johannesburg office.
5,0
I learnt so much at merchants, I learned on how to work as a team and how to interact with customers over the phone. The work place was fun and productive.The managent was so great.
Pros
Free trips and gifts
4,0
A great company with a fantastic working environment. Where employees are shown and showing appreciation. An fun and spontaneous company. Any employee would fall in love with this company.
5,0
Awesome staff to work with . Work environment feels as if you are in the comfort of your own home. Salary was decent. Support from management to admin staff is great.
Pros
Free lunch on a Friday
4,0
Merchants is a busy workplace where you are challenged daily and constantly learn. It's fast-paced and requires one to be resilient and adaptable to succeed.
5,0
We would first login and get ready to be live and than we would solve the customers queries .I enjoyed helping them .The hardest thing was ,you must keep calling the customer till you resolve their problem ,you see some of them are busy when you get back to then or be annoyed.there was good management style.
Pros
Cons
normal
1,0
theres no structure what it said to you the day of your interview is not at all the reflection of this company if u have kids or partner i would not recommend this company as you will not have a life
Pros
going home in the morning hours
Cons
no structure
3,0
Merchants is a company that treats there employees well provides fruit daily an cereal milk an transport to work however they do not increase your salary an the company is changing alot of employees are being hired an fired
Pros
Good insentives great hours
Cons
No permanent contract
3,0
My day started at 12am everyday and get to work by 3am the latest and the shift starts at 3:30am. It was fun and the energy levels on the floor were great. I love their culture and their values.
Pros
Shift allowance and transport allowance
Cons
The time difference
4,0
The daily duties and responsibilities can be challenging at times but also fun and gives room for opportunity to coach and develop the people we lead. To motivate and drive positive change is part of your typical day in the office.

Great culture and extremely fun when you build great relationships with internal and external stakeholders that drives high performance

The people are the most enjoyable part of my job, they make and break the success of companies.

Building strong working relationships and encourage team work as management to improve and promote new and great ideas through staff input was always
Pros
Constantly developing staff to be better, great bonus scheme based on performance
Cons
Early hours based on client requirements
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Merchants?
5,0
I have good people skills, excellent telephonic manners, I am neat with lots of space to absorb knowledge, I am creative and I'm always willing to learn.
4,0
I have been here at this current job for over 3years and have many experiences such as, provisioning, technical support, customer service, leading a team and sales. which was very nice and challenging but basically no longer has growth.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
too much expectations
3,0
My daily tasks solely consisted of answering inbound call from customer inquiring about their orders, other than that there were not other tasks or assignments to work on
5,0
Merchants looks after their staff from my experience.
They have great training and clear career paths. Also an added advantage no patrol issues at all.
Pros
Take care of thier own and offer growth
Cons
At times the client has too much control this can cause conflict
Hi there,

I have no complaints whatsoever about working at Merchants, I would recommend it to anyone.

I feel that we are well taken care of, well looked after, they have good values, and principles. Co-workers and staff are great.

I am learning alot in my field and there are lots of opportunities to grow.
Pros
Great Culture, Environment, and people
Cons
None that I can think of
5,0
Awesome company and awesome colleagues making everyday a new and wonderful experience at work. I have leaned that time management and urgency is important. The level of service that you give candidates and clients foster long lasting relationships, and this was inculcated into our interactions on a daily basis.
5,0
1.Typical day, I am processing your upgrade.
2.I learned how to Manage a group of people.

3. Management worked closely with every employee

4. co-workers loved their job and everyone wanted to climb the ladder.

5. Was to convince a client to stay when the wanted to move to another company.

6. It was a best working environment i have ever worked for.
Pros
free coffee, smoothy and fruits, with TV and internet place to use lunch time
Cons
Shifts
2,0
Very good company to work for, no growth, I have learnt that everything you want you have to work hard for.

Management was very laid back, no pressure from them.

I had an amazing team and colleagues with good personalities and everyone could get along.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the customers, I just love working in a call center environment.

Hardest part of the job was nothing really, customer service is really easy.
Pros
Free fruit and coffee everyday.
Cons
Long hours and getting home late in transport
3,0
The workplace was structured, training was provided so I learnt a lot of theory. The management was accessible, my co-workers were friendly enough. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers. I enjoyed working with most customers as most were friendly and were enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Early starts
5,0
A Call Centre with a twist. From gaming lounges to a pool table to a table tennis area, this place is set up for the young adults of our time.

Great first time job.
Pros
Amazing Environment
Cons
Demanding Hours
5,0
I would come in greet everyone with a smile and start my day with a nice cup of coffee, take calls, assist my colleague they would always come to me for advice on what to do and what not to do on their calls. I would help in Floor support assisting new colleague and older ones who are struggling. I would help my manager in rating my teams calls and loading their calls on my info on the PC I would act as a 2ic in my team leaders absent. This is my typical day at work it is fun and i love helping out where i can.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours