Merchants
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Merchants Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative24 reviews
South Africa24 reviews
3,0
Lack of interest towards employees , no proper structure/easy process to assist employees.Confidential information was not kept confidential. I chose to leave due to lack of interest towards employees.
4,0
It's a good place to acquire more skills in the customer service sector. It's shift environment. Depending on who's your team leader, working there can either be nice or bad like any other call centre
5,0
I learnt so much at merchants, I learned on how to work as a team and how to interact with customers over the phone. The work place was fun and productive.The managent was so great.
Pros
Free trips and gifts
5,0
Awesome staff to work with . Work environment feels as if you are in the comfort of your own home. Salary was decent. Support from management to admin staff is great.
Pros
Free lunch on a Friday
5,0
It's a good environment to work in , I've learned a lot about good work ethics and soft skills, management at merchants is good they help you to achieve what ever goal that you have set for your self and they very supportive and the work place is nice and clean.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having interactions with different customers and making sure that their query is dealt with accordingly.

The hardest thing about the job is to try and retain customers when they have lost faith and have a negative experience.
Pros
free breakfast, fruit and coffee
3,0
Merchants is a great place to start your career, They have a great management and can help one to grow. It is very productive and good place to work at.
Pros
Free Lunch when working on a holiday
Cons
Long Hours
4,0
working emviroment is good with warm peapole , and yes insentives are good when you do your job,we also have to team buildings as we work in teams, company once in a while will select employees to visit some resorts for a day.
Pros
free lunches sometimes, free break fast during te week
Cons
busy emviroment
5,0
I have good people skills, excellent telephonic manners, I am neat with lots of space to absorb knowledge, I am creative and I'm always willing to learn.
1,0
Tere was no career growth,I had obtained about 5 of their skills meaning I could basically do 5 people's job, but I had nothing to show for it. No recognition whatsoever
3,0
My daily tasks solely consisted of answering inbound call from customer inquiring about their orders, other than that there were not other tasks or assignments to work on
1,0
The management treat stuff like they don't need us,
they make sure they tell us we irreplaceable every day. The shifts are crazy and salary is an insult. The only Good thing is seeing my colleagues.
5,0
I had an amazing experience working for the company, we were well managed and very productive. I also met wonderful co-workers who helped me grow in life as well.
Pros
We were often sent home early
2,0
Very good company to work for, no growth, I have learnt that everything you want you have to work hard for.

Management was very laid back, no pressure from them.

I had an amazing team and colleagues with good personalities and everyone could get along.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the customers, I just love working in a call center environment.

Hardest part of the job was nothing really, customer service is really easy.
Pros
Free fruit and coffee everyday.
Cons
Long hours and getting home late in transport
3,0
The workplace was structured, training was provided so I learnt a lot of theory. The management was accessible, my co-workers were friendly enough. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers. I enjoyed working with most customers as most were friendly and were enjoyable to work with.
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Early starts
3,0
The environment is not professional. The building is located in a dangerous part of town .The management does not listen or consider the employees grievances or complains.
Pros
free bread and tea
Cons
shift work
4,0
fun place to work at. assisting customers telephonically is good even having management there to assist is always a good working vibe. growth was there but unfortunately business was not always good due to deadlines
4,0
-Work at merchants is fun
-the enviroment is friendly and you enjoy working.

-I learned tobe a team player and to be responsible in all my work

-The management there is easy to approach,eg HR

-My co-workers are now like a family to me as we talk about anything

-the hardest part in this job is knocking off today knowing that next week you working a day shift only to find out that when you come in tomorrow its changed you will be working night shift

-The most enjoyable part is assisting customers.working hard and at the end of the month being recognised and rewarded with a voucher and an award
Pros
free meals
Cons
schedule not stable
3,0
My job is very exiting always a new challenge and working in a great and happy place makes the day just a little bit easier as everyone know customer service can be difficult.
Making my customer and management happy is the best part of my day.
Pros
great place
Cons
additional hours
5,0
The starts @ 7am and with a Huddle with the Manager and great laughter with my collegues and then we offer great customer service. The culture is amazing and the staff is very friendly, more like a family than collegues.
Pros
Free lunched, Cup cakes for birthdays
answering all incoming calls
dealing with different customers and giving an effective customer service

The management was good and professional

Co workers were also good and professional

To deal with irate customers

achieving the targets
3,0
*Handle client queries and discuss with colleagues on the various types of clients we meet everyday and what difficulties we share.
*Learned a lot that with tele-communications company you have to be prepared for a lot of talking on the calls.

*Management is very strict because of the high volume of calls,people really depend on the phones for everything and therefore exceptional service is required from the agents side.

*Hardest part of the job is when networks on the service providers side are down.Half of the people cannot do anything and it becomes a challenge solving client queries.

Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the various clients from different backgrounds,it gives you an over view of how huge a tele-communication company is.
Pros
Entertainment lounge.
Cons
Long hours.