Merchants

Merchants Employee Reviews for Sales Consultant

Sales Consultant4 reviews
South Africa4 reviews
3,0
Merchants is a company that treats there employees well provides fruit daily an cereal milk an transport to work however they do not increase your salary an the company is changing alot of employees are being hired an fired
Pros
Good insentives great hours
Cons
No permanent contract
4,0
A typical day at work would be morning brief on stats stats for the month and target for the day.After the morning brief its work as per normal by making sales till end of shift.
I have learnt many things while working,as well as different types of people and how to handle situations of different calibers

Management was a bit tricky due to the fact it is an outsourcing company, however things operated in a smoothly manner which worked fine for me.

The shifts starts between 1:30am and 3:30am in the morning it gets tough.

The best things was no micro management and going home by 12:00pm or even before that.
Pros
Winning gifts and free espresso coffee everyday
Cons
no medical or provident fund
3,0
My day started at 12am everyday and get to work by 3am the latest and the shift starts at 3:30am. It was fun and the energy levels on the floor were great. I love their culture and their values.
Pros
Shift allowance and transport allowance
Cons
The time difference
5,0
Merchants looks after their staff from my experience.
They have great training and clear career paths. Also an added advantage no patrol issues at all.
Pros
Take care of thier own and offer growth
Cons
At times the client has too much control this can cause conflict