Metropolitan Life MMI

Metropolitan Life MMI Employee Reviews

I loved the people I worked with but some managers were just unethical in their approach to staff members who they did not like and made it blatantly obvious that they would try and get them dismissed if they could .
Pros
Uncapped aalary after achieving minimum standards
Cons
Unfair manangement
Metropolitan culture is the best, from uniform to team work, it is the best that know where you would ever see it but only at Metropolitan, just take a job there and you will see it for yourself
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Over time
It is the great environment to work on as it expose to new way of doing things like the online assignments that the will give to you for products. They gave opportunities for to write RE5 also at the company.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
No long hours
Clueless managers who will bully you around. There is no professionalism. It's a very stressful working environment. Not easy to sell their products because competitors are offering better products.
Pros
Company Benefits
Cons
Stressful
I learned a lot from metropolitan life. I learned how to differentiate between clients, difficult ones from simple ones. I polished my selling skills.
Pros
Have a great time management.
Cons
Be able to work independently
If you dont reach your target you wont earn, its a commision structure, you determine your pay check. if you perform you will earn more. We start at 8am till 6pm. we havw one hour lunch and 2, 15 minute break
If working for the insurance company like metropolitan you need to be a go getter , always be on the field for clients. Must be self motivated, work as a team.
Pros
They have good benefits for their employees
Cons
Competition is too high, as there are other companies with different good benefits
working at metropolitan i gain lots of experiance at the same time i was communicating with lots of people because i love socializing with different people.it was good to work at metropolitan.
Great working environment, challenging and encourages you to reach your set goals/targets. Requires good communication skills as you working in a telecommunications workplace as well as self determination.
Upgrade managers Love the fact that you can work your own hours To much things that influence your salary Deduction don't go off Poor company rules Don't listen to advisors You are only a good if u can bring business in Thats
They should take us to the field when we were looking clients and give us more time for tranning specially when it comes to the presentation they have to teach us maybe more than 2 weeks.
Pros
when we came back to the field they give us a lunch
Cons
normally hours
Hard working Dedicated and passionate Be on time at the presentation Always be prepared because client can be tricky sometime Dress presentable Always
work Monday to Saturday ,I learned to sale policy ,policy maintenance and to process claims ,the management was professional because they support each and every time ,the work place was fun and lovely to work with staff ,I enjoyed that they paid us according to the premium you sale and they us on lest day of the month
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no work no pay
It was my first time doing sales, i was also not samif rith Cape Town at the time i had 2 month staying here as i just came from Eastern Cape. We had ti go around and explain the product to clients outside and sign them.
Productive and motivating working with branch managers but devilish to work with claims dept. When clients need assistance with their contracts. In every appointment with a prospect, you must answer Metropolitan Life's failure to pay out claims when they arise. Office working space was always the problem. No workstations to update your work and the consultants are grouped according to their social life and standards
Pros
Continous workshops to improve your skills.
Cons
No respect shown towards consultants and Head Office instructions and visits by managers
long hours but no money there too stressful at times. no basic only comm and working everyday to meet your target otherwise come monthend you will be hungry
Pros
no free bees
Cons
Challenging but very informative if only they could review their benefitd cause the medical aid is too expensive.I deal with different types of people and I actually learn from getting difficult clients.
Great working experience, even though some of the office politics got in the way of productivity. Senior management was okay and the overall environment was healthy enough to produce happy workers.
Commission structure not too OK for me validating my basic is what made me stress alot cause your basic is what you fall on should you not reach your target which was not easy for me plus you get minus on your salary
With experience in the insurance sector at Sanlam I found it easier at Metropolitan.The work life balance is excellent but I prefer to work a job with a relative challenge. I also want something with stability regards salary.
It is a very exciting Job, you meet all different kinds of personalities. You assist people with their financial status and help them improve their finances.