Metropolitan Life MMI

Metropolitan Life MMI Employee Reviews for Financial Advisor

Financial Advisor59 reviews
South Africa59 reviews
4,0
I learned a lot from metropolitan life. I learned how to differentiate between clients, difficult ones from simple ones. I polished my selling skills.
Pros
Have a great time management.
Cons
Be able to work independently
2,0
Clueless managers who will bully you around. There is no professionalism. It's a very stressful working environment. Not easy to sell their products because competitors are offering better products.
Pros
Company Benefits
Cons
Stressful
5,0
If working for the insurance company like metropolitan you need to be a go getter , always be on the field for clients. Must be self motivated, work as a team.
Pros
They have good benefits for their employees
Cons
Competition is too high, as there are other companies with different good benefits
5,0
working at metropolitan i gain lots of experiance at the same time i was communicating with lots of people because i love socializing with different people.it was good to work at metropolitan.
5,0
Great working environment, challenging and encourages you to reach your set goals/targets. Requires good communication skills as you working in a telecommunications workplace as well as self determination.
1,0
Hard working
Dedicated and passionate

Be on time at the presentation

Always be prepared because client can be tricky sometime

Dress presentable Always
5,0
work Monday to Saturday ,I learned to sale policy ,policy maintenance and to process claims ,the management was professional because they support each and every time ,the work place was fun and lovely to work with staff ,I enjoyed that they paid us according to the premium you sale and they us on lest day of the month
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no work no pay
3,0
Productive and motivating working with branch managers but devilish to work with claims dept. When clients need assistance with their contracts. In every appointment with a prospect, you must answer Metropolitan Life's failure to pay out claims when they arise.
Office working space was always the problem.

No workstations to update your work and the consultants are grouped according to their social life and standards
Pros
Continous workshops to improve your skills.
Cons
No respect shown towards consultants and Head Office instructions and visits by managers
5,0
long hours but no money there too stressful at times. no basic only comm and working everyday to meet your target otherwise come monthend you will be hungry
Pros
no free bees
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Metropolitan Life MMI?
3,0
Commission structure not too OK for me validating my basic is what made me stress alot cause your basic is what you fall on should you not reach your target which was not easy for me plus you get minus on your salary
5,0
With experience in the insurance sector at Sanlam I found it easier at Metropolitan.The work life balance is excellent but I prefer to work a job with a relative challenge. I also want something with stability regards salary.
3,0
It is a very exciting Job, you meet all different kinds of personalities. You assist people with their financial status and help them improve their finances.
2,0
management is not that bad. i leant to work under-pressure, most interestng part was incentives when you are on target.working hours are the hardest part of this job
3,0
Most of the clients withdraw which causes you as the advisor to loose money since you on commission people change they minds every time therefore it is vital to get a reliable worksite without your own transport it is impossible to reach all your appointments
5,0
Metropolitan is a Good Big Finacial company Which Provides Good Things for people and Help people about savings ,funeral cover ,life cover &educational plans.
5,0
I am hard working person, kind,loyal,honest ,integrate, good problems solver,person who can work good with people, can learn fast,knows her work good.
I have worked there from july 2017 to September 2018
It pays a lot of money

It also have benefits

I have learned a lot of things

i have gained sales skills
4,0
Perfect the only thing disturbed me it is because of an accident I had so I fall behind, targets are easy to achieve, you work in your own time and pace.
Pros
Workshop
Cons
Flexible
1,0
I leah am willing to work hard in my team, am willing to work shift and holidays.team work is my name,I like to challenging another teams. This
i was doing it at metropolitan life at kempton park before,now I just want to learn more at another companies.
5,0
Working at Metropolitan helped me challenge myself in so many way. I was working with clients with different personalities everyday of which some of them were rude so I learnt to approach everyone and treat them fairly always. I learnt to work under pressure because I always had to meet deadlines because it's a sales company and you have to have had a certain number of sales before a certain period of time. Working here helped me to grow in working as an individual and as a team and it also helped in decision making. So overall I would say Metropolitan really did help me a lot.
5,0
The vibe and enjoyment i got from interactijg with various clients was awesome. I enjoyed thw challenge tremendously. I had to source clients within a demarcated area of work and make appointments then sit down and do a conplete needs analysis for yhe customer and ascertain what their most important needs are.