Metropolitan Life MMI

Metropolitan Life MMI Employee Reviews

South Africa94 reviews
4,0
I loved the people I worked with but some managers were just unethical in their approach to staff members who they did not like and made it blatantly obvious that they would try and get them dismissed if they could .
Pros
Uncapped aalary after achieving minimum standards
Cons
Unfair manangement
Client confidentiality
Customer service

Assisting external and internal clients

Clients centricity

Handling post

Ordering of stationary

Organising branch meetings
5,0
"In my recent financial advisor I had a core project that was my key deliverable for the summer. So my work day was structured around completion of that deliverable. So I’ll cover first an example of a work day early in the project and then I’ll also give you another example of a work day as we I got closer to completion of the project…"
3,0
Most of the clients withdraw which causes you as the advisor to loose money since you on commission people change they minds every time therefore it is vital to get a reliable worksite without your own transport it is impossible to reach all your appointments
5,0
Proffesional and be able to work under pressure, assisting in making decisions also explaining the benefits and how it works.I have learned more in life also acquiring certificates e.g..First level examination. Respect confidentiality.
5,0
Metropolitan is a Good Big Finacial company Which Provides Good Things for people and Help people about savings ,funeral cover ,life cover &educational plans.
2,0
You have to use your owl salary to put petrol in your car... You drive your car in their chops for the job for nothing and put on high km....
There aren't really benefits just the pension fund that is a great benefit
5,0
I am hard working person, kind,loyal,honest ,integrate, good problems solver,person who can work good with people, can learn fast,knows her work good.
I have worked there from july 2017 to September 2018
It pays a lot of money

It also have benefits

I have learned a lot of things

i have gained sales skills
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Metropolitan Life MMI?
4,0
I learned more about meeting the customer's needs and wants. how to work under pressure, treating my colleagues with respect. Also how to meet targets.
4,0
Perfect the only thing disturbed me it is because of an accident I had so I fall behind, targets are easy to achieve, you work in your own time and pace.
Pros
Workshop
Cons
Flexible
1,0
I leah am willing to work hard in my team, am willing to work shift and holidays.team work is my name,I like to challenging another teams. This
i was doing it at metropolitan life at kempton park before,now I just want to learn more at another companies.
2,0
Working at metropolitan need more time n being had worker. Being able to connect with new people everyday. U need to be a strong person. Know the policy product that you are selling to the client. Being a gently person
5,0
Working at Metropolitan helped me challenge myself in so many way. I was working with clients with different personalities everyday of which some of them were rude so I learnt to approach everyone and treat them fairly always. I learnt to work under pressure because I always had to meet deadlines because it's a sales company and you have to have had a certain number of sales before a certain period of time. Working here helped me to grow in working as an individual and as a team and it also helped in decision making. So overall I would say Metropolitan really did help me a lot.
5,0
I previously worked there and enjoyed everyday! It is a great business! They look after their employees very well. Great managers and a good environment
5,0
The vibe and enjoyment i got from interactijg with various clients was awesome. I enjoyed thw challenge tremendously. I had to source clients within a demarcated area of work and make appointments then sit down and do a conplete needs analysis for yhe customer and ascertain what their most important needs are.
5,0
I was my own leader coz i am going out there alone looking for clients reaching my goals and earning more money. I was doing prospecting every morning so dat it will lead me to my working place and it is very simple if u started with god so that ur things will go the way u want it.
Pros
I was doing prospects every day morning
Cons
I was consulting clients
3,0
i would mostly spent a day capturing data of my clients to a system and making phone calls to make follow up on clients who seems to be interested in opening account in metropolitan.i have learned to interact effectively with different people from different background and i have also learned to work under pressure.the hardest part of the job is when i didn't have enough client to get a decent salary because i was payed based on how many clients i have in my name.the enjoyable part was when i helped clients for payment after they have claimed their matured policies.
3,0
Lack of support and detailed training from management.Provide more opportunities for financial advisers.Management could offer employees an opportunity to raise their concerns.
Pros
Field working
Cons
Long working hours
1,0
Metropolitan is the worst company to work for. They promised me a good basic salary for 3 months. after three months the basic salary was taken away and I was demoted. That had a huge impact on my salary(take home pay) their medical aid is too expensive and you can not even dare to use it because it is too limited. Working for Metropolitan is the worst experience for any working person.
Pros
Cons
Bad bad bad employment opportunity. Be careful when applying for a job at metropolitan.
5,0
difficult managers. i have learned to work with different kind of people with different characters. the workplace is fun.difficult part is working without basic salary
Pros
free transport, lunch and accommodation whenever there is training
Cons
there is no off