Metropolitan Life MMI

Metropolitan Life MMI Employee Reviews

South Africa94 reviews
4,0
I loved the people I worked with but some managers were just unethical in their approach to staff members who they did not like and made it blatantly obvious that they would try and get them dismissed if they could .
Pros
Uncapped aalary after achieving minimum standards
Cons
Unfair manangement
2,0
The salary was my main issue, there was no basic only Commission .But it was a great company to work for.The management was good and provided support to employees
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
Commission based salary
4,0
Good working environment. Sustainable growth. Always something new to learn. Supportive.
Must keep to given deadlines before the time. Bursaries available if there is a need to study further.
3,0
As a new consultant it was a bit hard but I managed to make sales but depending on commission only income is not ideal because sometimes business can go south a certain month.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Meeting targets
4,0
Metropolitan is a well known place to be working at,you get experience to meet new different people every day,you get to do many jobs in one position,like admin,collection of miss payments and more
Pros
We pay for our lunch meetings
Cons
Sometimes we work long hours
2,0
It was fun because you make your self target, basic plus commision, working on commision is great, meeting new people almost everyday with different currecter, the challenge of it, is when you don't meet target 8
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Feild work
3,0
This was the longest I’ve been in the corporate environment, this job was the heart of my experiences and skills.
I spent most of the time on the computer doing data capturing and statistical reporting. I did a lot of telesales, this was when I learned how to deal with different types of customers.

I also did some field work (reaching out to clients to meet their needs).

Team work was the core principle in our branch under a very smooth management.

The salary structure was however commission-based and this was not my strength, earning through 100% commission.
Pros
Ability to grow
Cons
Commission salary structure
4,0
Had a learning curve to be given a chance of being the floor manager opportunity to be the second in charge of the manager. roughly it gave me the opportunity to be a leader n manage day to day running of the store cashing up and lock up
Pros
Cons
only in tr festive season
4,0
I loved being the part of metropolitan it boosted my ego as I have never woke up to go to the office having a boss to report to and it was amarvellous
Pros
Free coffee all day and flexibe hours of work
Cons
Rainny days have get up
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Metropolitan Life MMI?
4,0
The Best company to work for...has got a lot opportunity growth. The problems started when renumeration model was changed. And ' it was not well researched according to the level of our advisers'.
Pros
Free study bursary
Cons
Flexiable working hours
4,0
The company is good with well trained staff with excellent communication , the benefits are good the problem is when the is no production stress comes there because no production no payment
Pros
good training
Full of challenges
Not easy to validate

Premiums are a bit expensive

Products are not different from the competition

Fun and full of pressure

Maintenance of the relationship between the advisor and the client
4,0
The company helps it's employees to be better equipped to work in the industry of insurance and they manage their progress they offer them chances to excel.
Pros
Incentive to the best of the day. Cash rewards, vouchers & FOOD.
3,0
After the new financial structure that implemented it was stressful.In the beginning business was good even though there was no basic salary you could see at the end of each month what you have earned.
3,0
Its a sale environment but all u have to do is to work hard and meet the daily target to meet the weekly requirements of the company and you wil be able to meet your monthly target.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
11hours a day
5,0
When the cutoff days are around the corner and you see that you are still behind the Company Target.

The hardest times are when a client book an appointment with you and does not pitch, switch off his/her phone or ignore your calls and does not respond to any of your messages.

Enjoyable moments are when you have validated which means you have reached the company targets.
Pros
Incentives/Bonuses
3,0
It was a nice place to work for back in the days, but with Technology shifting/advancement, company politics, company mergers and the current hectic economic climate it became a rat race(adapt or die).
Pros
Place to grow your career
Cons
Promotion is not very easy to obtain for certain individuals
1,0
work at you own pace determine your salary only target you business in areas that you know can get business. you creat you salary meaning target fit the month at which how much you wanna earn
Pros
free time on your hands
Cons
no hours of working
5,0
You actually learn a lot, working hard dedication is key. You get to make more money when you make sales. Communication must be effective. It's a very big environment
Pros
Free lunch
4,0
I enjoy working for this institution because I learn new things from time to time
And I know I can handle pressure because we work with people and I can conduct myself professionally under any circumstances

Working under Fnb made me realize am not just any banker am a Doctor financially even by listening clients become happy because you give them attention

That made me a person with strong personality and see things differently
Pros
lunches and breakfast
Cons
we work long hours sometimes
4,0
It is so fun and productive to work in the insurance company it just that you need to be more focused and to know how to approach clients and always smile.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Normal hours