Metropolitan Life MMI

Metropolitan Life MMI Employee Reviews

South Africa94 reviews
4,0
I loved the people I worked with but some managers were just unethical in their approach to staff members who they did not like and made it blatantly obvious that they would try and get them dismissed if they could .
Pros
Uncapped aalary after achieving minimum standards
Cons
Unfair manangement
3,0
Its a very challenging job to do.firstly you earn according to the client you get,no basic salary. You earn on commotion.but its enjoyable when you found clients.you can earn any amount you want.it only depends on how you worked
Cons
5hours
3,0
Bring more business , clients & premiums more more money in your pocket. Especially if you bring government , persaal to make easy premium diduction you'll be rich in no times.The missed payment and lapses will bring you headache & won't see where you going , so bring sure cases make follow up & you make it to the top. Own vehicle , easy to move around , listen & ask for advise you'll go further.
Pros
Training provided
Cons
Work your own hours
3,0
i have learned a lot from MMI holdings specially when coming to managing my finances and dealing with different types of people. the salary structure is the difficult part as it was based on commission.
3,0
I've learn how to treat a customers with respect because a customers are important in the business.I also learned how to captured customers details while I'm on a phone.I learn how to work under pressure.
Pros
the was no free lunch
Cons
8 hours per day
2,0
Well respected company nd inspired, fan nd more trainings we learn a lot nd it encourages many people to work their metropolitan its th best company ever
Pros
No free lunches
3,0
Working at metropolitan was very challenging and at times stressful because I had to go out to look for client and make sure I earn their trust and interest so that they can buy what I was selling. The salary was based on how many client you find and how many clients actually pays for the policy.
Pros
Free lunches, team building travels and sleeping at hotels for workshops.
Cons
No basic salary
3,0
a great experience and a broad networking company i learned a lot about life,finance and the importance of planning for the future not forgetting the unexpected. the management team differs from branch to branch but as for my supervisor we had a great working relationship .i understood the important of teamwork the ability to work under pressure, the hardest part of the work is dealing with difficult clients and earning clients trust
Pros
training.travelling and meeting people from different fuculties
4,0
the job was very productive because i learnt to develop my sales skills and i worked around people who used to encourage and support me so that made the job enjoyable and a bit easier.The hardest part of the job was getting rejection from clients and failing to make a sale but i have learnt not to take failure or rejection personally but instead learn from it,work hard and improve my sales techniques,The most enjoyable part of the job was obviously landing new sales
Pros
incentives like free gift cards
4,0
its a very nice company to work for when you are a very hard working individual. this work does not require a lazy person, otherwise you will be more frustrated and end up not getting paid.
Pros
through hard work you earn prices such as trips to overseas.
Cons
long hours are put in and gives you the advantage of a fat salary. if you limit yourself, you reap just a little.
4,0
If you have ambition on meeting people you may apply to work at MMI. The company's mission is to help people save for the future.
Pros
must have a car
5,0
I was in intermediary division sales recruiting.I really enjoyed myself mitting knew people every day.Its a very challenging job
Pros
Cons
Long hours and commission
5,0
It is a fun workplace enjoyable and has opportunities to grow,working at your own pace bt it's a daily production nd must meet the target of the week.
Pros
functions nd vacations
Cons
normal hours
4,0
Its an outdoor job, have to prospect clients to have business. I learned to be more active for better outcomes for myself because we earn by commission. The more you are out at the field, the better chances to get client and meet target. I have very supportive and helpful co-workers. We actually learn new things everyday by just helping each other. The hardest part of this job is when the branch manager is not able to assist where possible as her category, and the fact that she doesn't know how to communicate with one. The only solution to solve a problem is when the manager raises "I'll fire you or I'll abscond you". I believe such words makes one to perform less as it creates low self-esteem. The most enjoyable part is when you know you've reached your target, and the fact that you've also helped a client or made a positive difference to the client.
Pros
Team Building Outdoors
Cons
Unreliable Manager/ Superior