MGI
3,5 out of 5 stars.
MGI Employee Review

Relaxed, rewarding and productive work place

5,0
5 December 2014
A typical day includes arriving early, setting up my presentation for the class ahead and then lecturing. After class I answer questions, assist students and then head back to the office to continue with more preparation for the following day. At MGI I am lucky to have a hands off boss who allows me the freedom to form my own teaching style. We communicate regularly on problems and tasks and I am evaluated by my boss and the students once a year. My co-workers have become friends and are both a support and counsel when in need. The hardest part of my job - there isn't a hard part. It is all within manageable limits. The most enjoyable part is being able to convey a message and have it understood by a student who then goes on to excel because you provided a good foundation... nothing is more rewarding than teaching or winning a case. Consulting varies depending on the inflow of clients and their case load. No day is ever the same and as I am an independent consultant I am my own boss with no co-workers.
4,0Work/Life Balance
3,0Salary/Benefits
3,0Job Security/Advancement
3,0Management
3,0Culture
Pros
Being able to genuinely help someone
Cons
Not receiving payment after having worked for hours.
4,0
25 November 2014
Same role
Part time lecturer (Current Employee) - Johannesburg, GP
That with proper planing and time management, it is possible to accomplice any goals that is set and that you want to meet. I learned this by marking test and exams: I had with the test and exams on average of 100 papers to make and 3-5 days to mark them in, and still have to prepare for classes. So by splitting the papers into manageable groups to mark and set time to prepare for class, I was never late delivering marked papers and being prepared for all my classes.
Pros
Time management is key
Cons
work long hours
5,0
18 September 2018
Temp for 6 months in collections department (Former Employee) - Midrand
The organisation has less room for growth and limited exposure to the business community. Management type is intimidating in nature. It is multi-cultural and learnt working in a diverse environment.
Pros
Collection
Cons
Salary not on standard
4,0
8 July 2017
enrollment officer (Former Employee) - Midrand, Gauteng
a day at work involved being at my work station and working with clients as they enter. There is a lot of interaction between the employees and those in superior position are friendly and understanding of those working below them. Management trusts employees and the employees are dedicated to their work and to the company/school. The hardest thing about working at MGI was probably having to wake up early in the morning just to be on time for work. it was an amazing experience for me, the people are friendly and always ready to help me when I am confused about certain things. The people I worked with made the job as enjoyable as it possibly can, every day had something new to smile about.
Pros
birthday presents
Cons
there are a lot of students to enroll
  1. Relaxed, rewarding and productive work place