MGI logo
3,5 out of 5 stars.

MGI

MGI Employee Review

What i learned:

That with proper planing and time management, it is possible to accomplice any goals that is set and that you want to meet. I learned this by marking test and exams: I had with the test and exams on average of 100 papers to make and 3-5 days to mark them in, and still have to prepare for classes. So by splitting the papers into manageable groups to mark and set time to prepare for class, I was never late delivering marked papers and being prepared for all my classes.

Pros

Time management is key

Cons

work long hours

4,0Work/Life Balance
4,0Salary/Benefits
3,0Job Security/Advancement
4,0Management
4,0Culture

Same role

Relaxed, rewarding and productive work place

A typical day includes arriving early, setting up my presentation for the class ahead and then lecturing. After class I answer questions, assist students and then head back to the office to continue with more preparation for the following day. At MGI I am lucky to have a hands off boss who allows me the freedom to form my own teaching style. We communicate regularly on problems and tasks and I am evaluated by my boss and the students once a year. My co-workers have become friends and are both a support and counsel when in need. The hardest part of my job - there isn't a hard part. It is all within manageable limits. The most enjoyable part is being able to convey a message and have it understood by a student who then goes on to excel because you provided a good foundation... nothing is more rewarding than teaching or winning a case. Consulting varies depending on the inflow of clients and their case load. No day is ever the same and as I am an independent consultant I am my own boss with no co-workers.

Pros

Being able to genuinely help someone

Cons

Not receiving payment after having worked for hours.
Same location

very productive and educative.

Working in the academic enviroment led me to value the interpersonal communication between people, the great plasure was helping and make people to make the most important decition in their lives.
Same location

Hectic and Fun Work Place

1) Making calls finding new clients.2) Learnt to always stay confident and ever give up.3) The management of the company is very organised and top notch.4) My co-workers were cool but like my competitors at the same time because we were all working to hit targets constantly.5) Securing and bringing in international clients into the country after the have paid and bought into our products and service.6) Travelling internationally and locally, seeing and experiencing different places and cultures and most importantly meeting targets and making money for the company and myself.

Pros

awesome commission structure

Cons

must compulsory deal with clients after working hours and even at midnight

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5