MGI
3,5 out of 5 stars.

MGI Employee Reviews for Lecturer

That with proper planing and time management, it is possible to accomplice any goals that is set and that you want to meet. I learned this by marking test and exams: I had with the test and exams on average of 100 papers to make and 3-5 days to mark them in, and still have to prepare for classes. So by splitting the papers into manageable groups to mark and set time to prepare for class, I was never late delivering marked papers and being prepared for all my classes.
Pros
Time management is key
Cons
work long hours
A typical day includes arriving early, setting up my presentation for the class ahead and then lecturing. After class I answer questions, assist students and then head back to the office to continue with more preparation for the following day. At MGI I am lucky to have a hands off boss who allows me the freedom to form my own teaching style. We communicate regularly on problems and tasks and I am evaluated by my boss and the students once a year. My co-workers have become friends and are both a support and counsel when in need. The hardest part of my job - there isn't a hard part. It is all within manageable limits. The most enjoyable part is being able to convey a message and have it understood by a student who then goes on to excel because you provided a good foundation... nothing is more rewarding than teaching or winning a case. Consulting varies depending on the inflow of clients and their case load. No day is ever the same and as I am an independent consultant I am my own boss with no co-workers.
Pros
Being able to genuinely help someone
Cons
Not receiving payment after having worked for hours.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MGI?