MGI logo
MGI

MGI Management reviews

Clear

beautiful environement and employees

a day at work involved being at my work station and working with clients as they enter. There is a lot of interaction between the employees and those in superior position are friendly and understanding of those working below them. Management trusts employees and the employees are dedicated to their work and to the company/school. The hardest thing about working at MGI was probably having to wake up early in the morning just to be on time for work. it was an amazing experience for me, the people are friendly and always ready to help me when I am confused about certain things. The people I worked with made the job as enjoyable as it possibly can, every day had something new to smile about.

Pros

birthday presents

Cons

there are a lot of students to enroll

Collections

The organisation has less room for growth and limited exposure to the business community. Management type is intimidating in nature. It is multi-cultural and learnt working in a diverse environment.

Pros

Collection

Cons

Salary not on standard

What i learned:

That with proper planing and time management, it is possible to accomplice any goals that is set and that you want to meet. I learned this by marking test and exams: I had with the test and exams on average of 100 papers to make and 3-5 days to mark them in, and still have to prepare for classes. So by splitting the papers into manageable groups to mark and set time to prepare for class, I was never late delivering marked papers and being prepared for all my classes.

Pros

Time management is key

Cons

work long hours

Fun enviroment to work in, staff is friendly and production scale is high because of the professional and open enviroment

Get to work at 08h00, attend to duties,have two tea breaks and 1hr lunch break, knock of at 17h00.Management is great,nothing is difficult about the job as u are trained before,the enjoyable part about the job is dealing with different characters on a daily bases

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Manageble hours

Hectic and Fun Work Place

1) Making calls finding new clients.2) Learnt to always stay confident and ever give up.3) The management of the company is very organised and top notch.4) My co-workers were cool but like my competitors at the same time because we were all working to hit targets constantly.5) Securing and bringing in international clients into the country after the have paid and bought into our products and service.6) Travelling internationally and locally, seeing and experiencing different places and cultures and most importantly meeting targets and making money for the company and myself.

Pros

awesome commission structure

Cons

must compulsory deal with clients after working hours and even at midnight

No work security. I am still fixed term after 2 years. No pension. 15 days leave per year.

.Responsibilities include:1.1 ACADEMIC LEADERSHIP Providing academic leadership and ensuring the quality and success of all academic services provided to the faculty’s clients Managing, monitoring, developing and evaluating academic programmes within the faculty. Leadership in teaching including active participation in teaching. Providing Leadership in research including active participation in research activities. Liaison with academic colleagues and relevant expertise in the field and industry to ensure ongoing development and quality of programmes. For example Advisory Board, Research Indaba, HPCSA to mention a few. Participation, where relevant, in the liaison between MGI and the CHE, HEQC, Department of Education and other similar bodies, in terms of regulatory affairs and audits.1.2 ACADEMIC MONITORING Participation in updating of academic policies and procedures. For example research committee, assessment policy, helping with the planning of a proper test procedure and e-moderation procedure etc. Academic monitoring (including attendance, lecturer evaluations, module evaluations, etc), using mLess or lecture evaluation forms, class visit form. Ensuring the successful functioning of advisory boards for the subject disciplines in the faculty. Control and quality assurance of all academic activities including curriculum development, teaching, assessment and research. Ensuring the quality and maintenance of module outlines, booklists, all other teaching materials. Participation, where appropriate, in student registration and administration process -

Pros

being in academic leadership and making a huge difference to student's lives

Cons

very long hours, working under pressure all the time, making ajustments as we go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MGI. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• MGI