MIBFA
3,4 out of 5 stars.

MIBFA Employee Reviews

South Africa26 reviews

3,6Work-Life Balance

Productive and lots of work.

I liked the experience I gained from there and the Flexi working hours.The pay was not bad for someone who was still a working student.I had a great Team Leader who was passionate about development of people.

Pros

Study leave

Cons

Tight deadlines

Productive and fun

good, productive, education support.Good management, misfiling, Everyday is a new day with different queries and other admin duties, Enjoys mixed cultures as well as experience in the corporate environment.

Pros

leave early.

Cons

white culture

Salary& Benefits.

Good company to work for if u got no ambition in life.there is no growth @all,somebody has to diè or retire so an employee can move position.Management has no leadershipskills at all, esp the old and white.

Pros

Salary increase & Benefits.

Cons

No growth

I worked at MIBFA fresh from matric and the diverse culture gave me experience and understanding to face the world. It is an environment I would work in anytime.

stressfull place to work in

I do not want to discourage anyone but i wouldnt advise anyone to be in this company i have no much to say but all the best to the person reading this review

Micromanagement, I have learnt accountability and to tolerate one another

Micromanagement especially over petty things like noise or using milk for cereals They invest in staff training so that you are fully equipped to do your work Medical aid subsidy 13th cheque

productive and fun

MIBFA was an awesome place to work for, the work life balance is perfect. there is a lot of growth too, provided you work hard and get the recognition

First employed at Metal Industries Benefit Funds as an Admin Clerk. Checking if members qualifies for Surplus. Scanning and Indexing the documents.

Got promoted to Claims department as a Claims Assessor. Checking if the members qualifies for Surplus, prepare claims for payments and Index documents

Busy

A typical day at work involved having to always hear complaints. I learned how having a provident/pension fund is actual very helpful when once is no longer working. Management was not up to standards they were actually not well suited for their positions (education wise). Having to deal with a large amount of people with different emotions. Helping people who desperately needed their money paid out.

Pros

annual increase

Cons

Large amounts of people

productive and hardworking

My job was to pay the members benefit funds which they contributed during the work time in a metal or engineering fund. I worked at the payment department as a Recon Clerk, which requires me to use four different computer system.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

long hour

High Output with balanced fun time

I've enjoyed every moment at Mibfa.The workplace culture it's on the other level.There cohesiveness within Management and Employees.The customer service is great.

Pros

We close early in december holidays.

Cons

Pay for parkade.

working conditions

- day starts with a list of claims to be paid out and assessed -how to detect fraud and stop it right away -reported to a team leader

Pros

bonus, med aid, pension

Cons

contract employment

Non productive

resolving members problems and paying out provident and pension claims to members,requesting documents and calculating total benefit due,filing documents and capturing data on the sytem

Efficient and friendly

It is a fun and relaxing environment where everyone is accommodating and open to you learning regardless of your learning style or pace. I really enjoyed doing my job shadowing in that environment.

Mibfa a strong work place for the dedicated employees

Started September 1988 to march 2008 Worked comfortable as a credit controller Excellent staff and management Enjoyed my job and had excellent ceo And advantage of being handled fairly in my department that time would liked to return as its a secure and productive company overall Productive and inspiring workplace and motivated staff an colleague's so easy to get along with,enjoy a hard days fullfilled job with Very well maintained and exceptional by the book office systems. To add, always room for willingness from ceo to supervisors to encourage employees to view their opinions without prejudice or made to feel uncomfortable, always the opposite mostly calm efficiency way when dealing with employees. As for myself I worked extremely hard to uphold my position and id do it again.

Pros

hour lunch

Cons

no cons

Commited and productive

A typical day at the work can only be descirbed as productive and fulfilling. Our section of the company works together well and try to solve problems that arrise within the numbers. Their is a good sense of respect and discipline in the company.

Average to good company

MIBFA is a loyal and average company to work for, however it is not great and growth occurs at a slow rate. MIBFA is trust worthy and loyal.

Pros

Loyal and good company.

Cons

It is not a great company and growth is rather slow

Enjoyable part of the job

the company cares for its employees and goes an extra length to ensure they work environment is up to standard. the year end function decision include the whole company and caters for everyone. the benefits are good.

Excellent Company, Admirable

I have gained extensive experience in customer liaison, customer care and administration, I consider myself to be socially competent and can identify with people of all races and cultures. This, I feel is an important contributing factor to effective communication with all individuals, not just clients. I am always eager and willing to expand my knowledge, whenever an opportunity presents itself and consistently strive for excellence in all that I do. I am looking for an opportunity to use to grow my acquired skills to provide a high level of service with accuracy and efficiency.

Pros

Growth

Cons

Limited Resources

MIBFA is the best ever company I have worked for

MIBFA was the best place to work for. One actually uses one's brains because the place is always busy from morning till you knock off and that makes it the best. The management was the best ever including my workmates. The job becomes hard when you struggle to get the claim paid to clients and you become so happy when the claim has been settled and finalised - that is the most enjoyable part

Pros

No supervision

Cons

too much work

extremely busy

It is a busy day, deadline driven and we need to be able to work under pressure. The most enjoyable part is helping customer and paying their claims on time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MIBFA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,6 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,6 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,3 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
2,7 out of 5 stars for Management
3,2 out of 5 stars for Culture

MIBFA Reviews by Location

• MIBFA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?