Microsoft

South Africa45 reviews
Busy environment
Learning about the Microsoft 365 suite

Good workplace culture

The hardest part was keeping up with deadlines in a fast pace environment

The constant learning helped me evolve and grow as a person. The overall experience has been great
5,0
The culture was great the environment was competitive and lovely. The management was organized and professional. Objectives were for fillable and consistent. The downfall to the obligation was the hours that were catered for and the amount of breaks would receive.
4,0
This was by far the easiest and fun to do job. Setting up consoles in big retailers such as Makro to name a few for kids and adults to experience playing on the new Xbox one console
5,0
Great workplace culture diversity and inclusion.
Strategic goals set with a future vision in place.

Structure with systems and technology in place with good overall leadership
3,0
I was an intern what do you expect ?
It was the release of windows phone and in turn their marketplace

my job was to populate that marketplace with games. but as an intern you dont do much and you dont earn much, non disclosure agreements are common
Pros
free lunch and awesome work enviroment
Cons
microsoft
3,0
Some of the best and most integrated software and cloud solutions on the market. Customers love the solutions and it is very rewarding to provide them with solutions.
The learning curve is steep as you are expected to be an expert from day one.
Pros
Great solutions for customers
Cons
No work life balance
2,0
Little to no advancement, there is hardly any support for junior staff members and no opportunities of training and up skilling. Little diversity in culture and ideas. Stressful environment.
4,0
Great company to work for, training development and kpi of high calibre. Enjoyed the company culture. Contract workers remuneration is minuscule as compared to permenant stuff.
5,0
Great company. The culture is very welcoming and they create a positive work life balance for employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is the opportunity to learn every day whilst being constantly challenged.
4,0
Good working place, enjoyable culture. I was an intern at the company back in 2015 and I enjoyed working with them. Management is the best and understanding at all times
4,0
Entreprise innovante et transformante pour ses clients et le monde en général
5,0
I gained a lots of experience and how to work with different kinds of people. I learnt to work under pressure and I had a limit that I had to reach in no time, but I did everything that was expected from me till the last day of my internship.
5,0
*You get to Learn a lot.
*Enhances skills and experience.

*Sometimes hectic and Long Hours required.

*Very productive place

Learning never ends here, get to do a lot of Microsoft certification at company cost.
Pros
Free Lunches
4,0
The place was a great working experience professionally has were taken to trainings regularly to learn more about the company and the product offering.
Pros
We received laptops, data, cellphones and airtime
Cons
Challenging trainings
3,0
Great people but lots of red tape and politics.

Overall a great company to work for if you are prepared to be committed and diligent in your work.

Definitely a good place to learn and be exposed to different ways of working.
5,0
A typical day at work was a constant re-prioritisation, with many meetings, mandatory training, and a culture of ongoing learning. Time management was crucial but it was a great pleasure to work in a culture where you were measured objectively, and could work from home or the office.

The workplace culture is professional, diverse and enjoyable. From the MD to temporary contract positions everyone was professional and treated with respect.
Pros
Employer of the year many times during my time at Microsoft
Cons
Long hours and pressure
5,0
This was a great expirience as we were also given their devices to work with and for our personal use.. We worked as a team and we had people guiding us. This was a learning curve as we learnt new things about the technology
Pros
Free data and lunch
Cons
Short hours
Daily administrative function of 50 people in our team
Compliance management

Operational Administration

Travel and event management

I learnt leadership skills as a Exec Administrator reporting to different levels within corporate ladder meeting and managing expectations overall in a fast paced industry.
Pros
Growth
4,0
Microsoft is a multi-national organisation that serves the ICT industry in South Africa. This organisation has great work life balance and open to learning and development.
1,0
I had no opportunity to advance in my job. I worked very hard to build our client base but was never rewarded for the long hours and hard work. I had not received a salary increase in three years at the time of leaving the company. I was retrenched with immediate effect and was not even given 24 hours notice.
Pros
Enjoyed training aspect and dealing with account managers
Cons
No advancement or opportunity to grow, No company benefits, No salary increase for the last three years of my employment
4,0
Although I only worked at the Microsoft Online Store for a short period of time, I was exposed to office settings within the work world and gained a better understanding of business culture overall.