Milliken & Company
3,7 out of 5 stars.

Milliken & Company Employee Reviews

3,3Work-Life Balance

Great Place

Great place to work. All of the shop guys are very welcoming. Many people willing to help you learn. Average vacation time and pay for the area. Overall I’d recommend.

Divertido

Una escuela de aprendizaje desde el inicio en la cuál puedes ser promovido por tu labor y ganas de aprender.

Lack of communication and pay

It's some good people working here but not appreciated and under paid. It would be a good place to work if everyone did there job. They say one thing and do another.

Trash

Little communication, no chance of growth, terrible work environment. Run far away and do not waste your time with this company as they will take advantage of you.

What is the best part of working at the company?the compensation was goodWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?no trainingWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?if you are not spanish do not botherWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?fixing all the equipment that was broken by operater error

Bad on Health, physically and mentally

Production type work.It's exhausting, it's dangerous, hard on limbs, joints and you can't take a proper rest or break because that'll cause your job to try running itself, which is impossible, it'll start and stop causing your productivity to fall so low that there's no catching up, all for a four minute restroom or water break. Not running production to their expectations or lower than average results in possible fire, no pay or other disciplinary action.

Fun

I miss Milliken but the rotation schedule was tough. Other than that good benefits and the workers and managers are nice. I would recommend Milliken most definitely.

No es bien remunerado al trabajo que se hace tan arduo las directivas no tienen encuentra el progreso del trabajador ni la ayuda

Se debe implementar más la igualdad de género a la hora de aplicar para posiciones ya que a menudo se le es más fácil y rápido que una persona de color comience un nuevo empleo en alguna área que aplico y los latinos somos muy discriminados Por tal razón somos la raza que más trabaja que más le dedicamos a los empleos pero no lo valoran no lo tienen en cuenta a la hora de uno aplicar para otra posición

Productivity

Great place to work,staff is very accommodating.Work is manual labor,rotating shifts.8 and 12 hour shifts, Location is in Johnston South Carolina ( easy to find.

The low income

Yes ,this company is a to low of pay.If I can work in a new place and make my job well done for the company, I would appreciate the happiness of you, the company.

Great place

Really good place to work. Only big downside of the plant is during summer heat. Taking in consideration what they do there. Dye jets make summer work hard.

Ambiente divertido

Fue muy bueno trabajar se aprende mucho muchas experiencia

Pros

Cons

Trabajan 12 hora trabajando

I worked there 38 years and thoroughly enjoyed the majority of my time there.

No two days were the same. Must have a strong work ethic. Management depended on the manager. There are good and bad managers. They do not always reflect the same work ethic as they expect from their subordinates. I enjoyed interacting with my global customers on almost a daily basis. The mentality of Milliken managers sometimes means they make the rules and enforce them without much regard to admins, they appear that they feel they are superior because they have a college degree. During my 38 years at Milliken, I trained 7 managers to do their jobs.

Gained lots of experience.

Overall great company to work for. Had a good time while I was there. Learned a lot about looms, inventory control and ERP system moves. Seeing shifty for production workers was not great.

Start looking for another job as soon as you get hired

Terrible working conditions. My department works rotating shifts. We work two weekends in a row on day and night shift. The pay is terrible considering the amount of time we spend in here every week. Not worth it to be honest. Management is terrible. Supervisor is a pushover. I’ve gotten one raise in a year and it was pocket change. Some people got one dollar raises others got 50 cent raises. I was a part of the latter. Honestly don’t know how this place has managed to stay open for so long given the amount of negligence I’ve seen and heard of in a year of working here.

Ambiente del trabajo es divertido por qué estoy asiendo algo que me gusta

La empresa es lo suficientemente buena al igual que toman en cuenta nuestro aveces al igual que puedes brindar un sin número de beneficio

Pros

Seguro médico privado

Cons

Actual mente está 12 hora

Decent money, Horrible shifts, Difficult management

Will move you around alot. Rotating shifts so can never settle. Good money, especially overtime money. Autonomous job with little to no room for advancement. Take forever to train you and are currently building robots to replace workforce. Lack of respect from management. Good workers bad work place environment.

Disappointment

Well don't leave early from work sick and two days later test positive for covid come back and they hold it against you for leaving work sick and then you're late 10 minutes after being there almost 7 months and then they let you go after you poured your soul and sweat in the training for the job and get the job down finally getting to knowing the job and doing the job right and they let you go

Productive and a great place to work. Swinging shifts from 1-3 was one of the things I hated more than anything. But the work was great. The managers were very helpful. They were always there when you needed them.

Job that you have the ability to learn on, management won't assist and never a clear understanding about pay or payscale

Mediocre place to work. Benefits aren't that good. Pay is terrible (never get a clear answer from management on pay scale). Very little assistance on improvement for your skills/ability to grow within your job/the company. Overworked/Underpaid

Pros

Cons

So many

Good pay, hard work

You work hard here for sure so be prepared for that. The pay is good. Most of upper management is pretty nice. They will hound you if you don’t show up for work though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milliken & Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,3 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,6 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,3 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,3 out of 5 stars for Management
3,5 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Milliken & Company
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?