Minopex

Minopex Employee Reviews in Rustenburg, North West

Rustenburg, North West12 reviews
4,0
Very good environment. I learnt to work with a team, team work is the best thing to do.

I learnt about time management, work ethic, safety of my self as well as my coworkers.

The most challenging part was when we installed the big structures such as screens
5,0
Best place to work for. Typical day at work was fast paced and you needed to be focused on you work. I have learned that what you give you will get back, hard work pays off at the end of the day.
Pros
Bonus Payout once a Year
Cons
If you make a mess you stand alone
5,0
you must always be alert and pro-active
i have learned a lot from Minopex

very professional management

workers are always united and hard working

the hardest part is working shifts

the big bonuses is really enjoyable
Pros
free coffee, sugar, milk, tea and ppe
Cons
shifts
3,0
A typical day is as follows:

• Perform rigging where heavy and technical lifting is required.

• Execute inspection and maintenance of lifting equipment on a

daily, weekly, and monthly basis according to the ISO standard.

• Make sure that all lifting machinery and tackle is load tested and

certified according to ISO standards.

Very good company to work for the hardest part is the long hours and little free time including weekends.

Culture is very friendly and helpful only engineer had a challenging personality to deal with but we got the job done.

Well remunerated.
Pros
Good remuneration
3,0
Work as a team,good communication skills,effective to trouble shooting,adhere to safety standards when operating in the sections.taking all employees to their jobs trainings for competency,ensuring adherence to all specified process parameters within the sections, adherence to the company's policies and procedures
Pros
Braai's, vouchers, free luch
4,0
The environment at workplace allows to be flexible and highly productive at your daily basis Job. I have learnt a lot in terms of Metallurgical quality management, building strong and flexible team and maintaining a good relationship within a team to ensure the continuous planning, profitable and safe achievements of production targets and product quality to the satisfaction of Company's clients. To maintain good product requirements and quality at inconsistent properties of raw material has been very challenging yet an effort to achieve what was targeted was so enjoyable.
Pros
I loved occasional lunches with management sharing work related and social life stories
Cons
Long hours has never been easy but highly beneficial.
4,0
Plant inspection on daily basis, attending to breakdown and do daily job planning. New process plant, one of its own kind and uses high technology to process the material. I have learned how to maintain high technology in the country. everyone learns on day to day basis. in terms of the hardest part of the job is that sometimes there is a breakdown on machinery and there is no spares for it, you have to make a long term plan.
2,0
one enters in the morning and signs the register, thereafter I receive instructions from the plant metallurgist and I implement them. my co-workers are great people to work with, they are very supportive. the hardest part of the job would be carrying heavy sample buckets. the most enjoyable part of the job is getting dirty, meaning obtaining first hand experience in whatever I'll be doing. the learning part is the most enjoyable part. I learned how to work with different characters at work; how to manage people if need be and how to become successful in a working environment.
Pros
good training, excellent mentors
Cons
unfairness, favouritism
2,0
looking for a permanent job, the company is losing more site as it is operating the for the clients.
5,0
As minopex employee, i wont say much about it ,the only thing i can say is that, this company has groomed me a lot.Iam actually who iam of this company.As a human being you will always look for some greener pustures and some challenges as well.
5,0
The people there was hard-working and inspiring as well as friendly. Just going to work was enjoyable as this is what I want to do: optimisation.
Pros
pay and accommodation paid
Cons
nothing
4,0
In the business we are it is difficult to plan your day ahead. Our sites were situated all over the North-West, Limpopo and Mpumalanga. I have the oppertunity to visit our sites on a regular basis, therefor I had a very good relationship with all the employees. I knew most of them (1800 employees in the company). Any one can call me any time of day and I will assist them where ever I can, even employees that resigned from our company still phones me with matters that need to be resolved.
The part of the job I dislike is to attend disciplinary cases were we need to dismiss someone. Also to attend CCMA cases. Sometimes the travelling is also not enjoyable.

Due to the fact that I am working with this company for 13 years, I have built a very strong relationship with all the co-workers and even with our Directors.
Pros
benefits such as medical aid, provident fund, 13th cheque, bonus, no manager hanging over my shoulder
Cons
being on the road, our sites is normal far out of a town then you have to use rural roads, unsafe