Minopex

Minopex Management reviews

South Africa45 reviews
4,0
Management are more supportive and they make sure that's you go to the learning skills program so that you can have experience in what u do(job wise).
3,0
*Poor leadership.
*No skills developments taking place.

*Worker are not valued.

*Working environment is not good.

*Worker get threating,charge & fired now and then.

*Poor planning.

*No motivational programmes.

Everything its just bad.
4,0
Very good environment. I learnt to work with a team, team work is the best thing to do.

I learnt about time management, work ethic, safety of my self as well as my coworkers.

The most challenging part was when we installed the big structures such as screens
1,0
Work for Northern Cape Plant Operations.
So much salary discrepancies.

Huge salary gap between employees

No management,no people culture,no safety culture
Management style sucks
The lowest paying company in Northern Cape

Favouritism and no proper worker engagement

Selfish company

Management gets bonuses,but nothing for the employees

Employees efforts are no recognised

No employees recognition

No spares

Overtime is not paid

No development

Worst to work for
Pros
Cons
Alot
5,0
you must always be alert and pro-active
i have learned a lot from Minopex

very professional management
workers are always united and hard working
the hardest part is working shifts

the big bonuses is really enjoyable
Pros
free coffee, sugar, milk, tea and ppe
Cons
shifts
1,0
Minopex is a company that asked me to help them put together a safety management system. I left for Limpopo in March 2017 only to be told after 3 months that they were not renewing the contract
5,0
Well organised company with management supporting and backup employees at all levels. Future development opportunities available. Ensure all employees received relevant training to perform to their full abilities.
Pros
Management acknowledgement toward success
Cons
No real cons
2,0
inter racial conflicts. too much politics. overwhelming workload and not being appreciated. less opportunity to develop in the department and one tends to get stuck in the same position for long. Job tokenism for white people.
Pros
Study support
Cons
Disregard of other employees' feelings and work space
4,0
i personally enjoyed the experience because of just that it was indeed an experience. It was a plant that was commissioned and that means we were bound to find problems around the plant and you always had to be on your feet to anticipate the breakdowns and frequent stoppages. so i enjoyed been constantly on my feet and getting dirty . Although the gap between management and the students for communication purposes for sharing ideas was null. i hope future students don not suffer the same fate.
Pros
Periodic Braai's, a very nice welcome to the students .
Cons
contracted so less opportunity to be granted a job.
4,0
working there was the best thing that has ever happened, too much of work but understandable.
I learned working in fire assay laboratories and to work in wet analysis.

our management gave us enough time to rest and together with the colloquies made the daily task easy.
the hardest part of the job comes when you are still new, it wasn't easy working 12 hours a day, but as time goes it is enjoyable.

I start enjoying my day when i'm done with my daily duties.
Pros
free days off
4,0
The environment at workplace allows to be flexible and highly productive at your daily basis Job. I have learnt a lot in terms of Metallurgical quality management, building strong and flexible team and maintaining a good relationship within a team to ensure the continuous planning, profitable and safe achievements of production targets and product quality to the satisfaction of Company's clients. To maintain good product requirements and quality at inconsistent properties of raw material has been very challenging yet an effort to achieve what was targeted was so enjoyable.
Pros
I loved occasional lunches with management sharing work related and social life stories
Cons
Long hours has never been easy but highly beneficial.
4,0
-A typical day at work was learning new things about the plant
-I learned about VSDs, switch gears, maintenance of industrial lights greasing motors, transformer maintenance, motor connection, rewiring of the steel ball magnet motor control starter.

-Management was good
-My co-workers were fun to work with
-The hardest part of the job was the closer of Everest mine

-The most enjoyable part of the job was learning more everyday about electrical works
Pros
Hard work
Cons
No job security
3,0
Normally structured and guided by scheduled maintenance tasks or Job Cards
I started off as an apprentice in 2001, so basically all job related skills I learned from Minopex

Management is strict but fair, because of years service I know the GM and 2 Directors personally
You get them good and bad in all companies and environments, Co Workers are as good as they are Managed
Traveling 160 km a day to go to work, 3hrs a day that one does not get remuneration for it

Getting an idea approved, installing and programming it and it works to the advantage of the company, as theoretically calculated in the feasibility study
Pros
Comfortable and confident in the job
Cons
Long hours and traveling, my child is still small
4,0
I'm enjoying when we rich the target, i learn more when we are working us a team. I like the management when they put their inputs
its very nice to include co-workers when you make a fold finding.
its when someone get hart, when we rich the target.
5,0
A typical day at work starts with challenges and ends with results. Challenges in this case is refered to as problems, just in a positive way of looking it in the face and handling it.

I learned that through proper training and proper communication attitudes can be changed.

Management is the backbone of any organisations seccess.

Co-workers should work as a team. Stand together. Build trust. Be compassionate. And work hard.

The hardest part of my job is doing filling. I hate it.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to know that at the end of the day I have changed someones attitude. The way the person thinks. And that, that person has learnt something which he can apply in his personal life as well.
Pros
Working 8 Hours a day
Cons
Not having enough time in a day. A day is 24 hours long, there after starts overtime.
5,0
It's always busy at the stores issuing and receiving spares. walking up and down the stairs and in between doing the ordering of spares and also requesting quotations

I learned to be patient as we are dealing with different people.

Management is good, we are being treated equally. my co-workers are good also. we help each other, working as a team.eg, if I have a lot of work they come to my rescue.

The hardest part of the job is waiting for spares to be delivered and then there is a breakdown in the plant, the blame will be on us for not having the spare parts.

The most enjoyable part is knowing the spares being used in the plant, understanding what does it take for the coal to be washed, the one being used for electricity and all other types of coal.
Pros
every friday there is a braai
Cons
not being able to sit down and eat, there is no long hours.
4,0
A day start with planning and prioritising a work to be done on the day and allocation of duties to surboadinates to execute.having to work with people taught me that a team work is of important in every task at hand because doing things alone will not work in your favour in most cases.And communication with the management at all times is important as the information keeps following all directions and makes the work much more easier.good relationship with the co-workers is also vital as this makes all of us to rely on one another and share information as much as we can to keep our work simpler and achieve the goal at hand.the part where i have to deal with the job overload where the results are needed in a short space of time with less resources put more frastration to me.i enjoy it when job planned to be done is completed and service provided is satisfactory.
Pros
bonuses after a great production
Cons
extra hour