Minopex

Minopex Pay & Benefits reviews

South Africa47 reviews
4,0
Everything at work place is done professional and accommodation is excellent. If you work overtime they support and assist you where they can getting spares etc.
Pros
Free accomodation
Cons
flight time is long
1,0
Work for Northern Cape Plant Operations.
So much salary discrepancies.
Huge salary gap between employees

No management,no people culture,no safety culture

Management style sucks

The lowest paying company in Northern Cape

Favouritism and no proper worker engagement

Selfish company

Management gets bonuses,but nothing for the employees

Employees efforts are no recognised

No employees recognition

No spares

Overtime is not paid

No development

Worst to work for
Pros
Cons
Alot
5,0
you must always be alert and pro-active
i have learned a lot from Minopex

very professional management

workers are always united and hard working

the hardest part is working shifts

the big bonuses is really enjoyable
Pros
free coffee, sugar, milk, tea and ppe
Cons
shifts
3,0
Minopex gave me the opportunity to experience mining as i worked in a concentrator plant processing platinum. i learned the process fro crushing up until filtering. the hardest part of my job was to be productive when working 12hour shift. My co- workers were very good to me as they taught me everything about the plant,especially the supervisors.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, milk and sugar for free for each shift every month
Cons
overtime on selected days like maintanace days
3,0
Minopex is a great company to work for, a typical day at work is good and fun. I have learnt quite a lot in the 7 yrs of being with the company - how to handle stressful situations, how to work with people. My co-workers are fabulous people - really! Most enjoyable part of my job would be the hours worked - 07h00 to 15h30.
Pros
Good Working Hours
Cons
No Lunch Time
4,0
I learnt the maintance of different types of pumps like centrifugal; pump, mono pump and spillage pump. How to maintaince machinery that are situated in a working inviroment. I enjoy every thing about my job.
Pros
free lunch
5,0
The people there was hard-working and inspiring as well as friendly. Just going to work was enjoyable as this is what I want to do: optimisation.
Pros
pay and accommodation paid
Cons
nothing
4,0
In the business we are it is difficult to plan your day ahead. Our sites were situated all over the North-West, Limpopo and Mpumalanga. I have the oppertunity to visit our sites on a regular basis, therefor I had a very good relationship with all the employees. I knew most of them (1800 employees in the company). Any one can call me any time of day and I will assist them where ever I can, even employees that resigned from our company still phones me with matters that need to be resolved.
The part of the job I dislike is to attend disciplinary cases were we need to dismiss someone. Also to attend CCMA cases. Sometimes the travelling is also not enjoyable.

Due to the fact that I am working with this company for 13 years, I have built a very strong relationship with all the co-workers and even with our Directors.
Pros
benefits such as medical aid, provident fund, 13th cheque, bonus, no manager hanging over my shoulder
Cons
being on the road, our sites is normal far out of a town then you have to use rural roads, unsafe