Miway

Miway Employee Reviews

South Africa30 reviews

3,3Work-Life Balance

Miway experience

It was a great experience, I learnt alot at of new things,which was challenging at first but than was so easy to do, loved the QA environment. Insurance is what everyone needs on a day to day basis and will never go out of fashion.

Good company

I’m happy with overall experience and culture the salary and management I’ve been with them for the past 5years I’m happy with the experience knowledge and skills I have gained

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Everything was Good until there were some mistreatment

Miway was good but things started taking a but of a downfall were the company decided to retrench and relocate but overall it was good.I worked well with my colleagues and my supervisor to a point I was promoted to a 2yc. I reached my daily target I was able to motivate my team we worked well as a unit.

Stressful and Frustrating but never boring

I can only recommend Miway as an employer, if you're either working in claims or sales. Otherwise it's best to look elsewhere in my experience Management needs a lot of improvement as well as systems. Systems are however improving slowly but surely.

Competitive Work Environment

Recognition is given for hard work. Office can get loud and it's difficult to work if you value quite. There is no privacy in the office. Extremely stressful and a big workload. Favoritism plays a big role and opinions are not valued.

Stressful

Its a interesting place to work , but not worth the stress and ill-treatment from management .The salary is amazing with too many deductions .There is no growth a opportunities .

Call centre agent

Outbound call centre sales representative. Offering car, household contents and structure insurance for private usage only. Time management, listening skills, team work and Multi task. Open door policy towards management

Fun workplace

The work environment is very relaxed employees are allowed to wear any attire to work even pajamas. The department I was in lacked formal processed and many producers were implemented by the staff rather than management.

claims assessor

Typical day was assessing claims and interacting with clients. The best part of my day was interacting with clients. The culture of the company is very relaxed. The most enjoyable part of my day was been complimented for a good investigation.

Pros

Free cellphone

Fun

The environment and culture was great. The stuff is well taken care of. Management will not get to you if you do what you are suppose to do. I would do anything to go back there.

Pros

Cash incentives and gifts

Fun

In the morning start with sending my team Status ( MTD) Motivate them to have a great day a head and to have fun as we spend most of the time at work - I have learned how to manager different personality- the most enjoyable part of my Job is my team

Pros

having lunch with my Team

Cons

Healthcare

Productive very high pressured working place

It is a high pressured environment which at least you must be willing to corporate even when you are in a tight situation nevertheless it is very tough to be in Miway company there after they train you to be a very tough somebody in sales to be very disciplined to be on time knowing your work always on time to be on top

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Very long hours

Productive and fun workplace

Great company. Fun on the sales floor. Managers are very insightful. Great incentives. If you want to see results, you need to work very hard, as with every other job.

Pros

Incentives

Fun work place

 Best new comer –with the highest lead to sale ration on the first month on the road  Top performer –for the month of September with a written business premium of R37 800  New business development - source new business leads, convert into sales, report business trends, achieve sales targets  Field sales - setup meetings with prospective clients, profiling client and their needs  Account management - manage clients under account regarding claims, profile updates and account queries  Client relationship - maintain strong client relationships, process client referrals, identify new business opportunities for up-selling

Pros

meeting new poeple and closing deals

Cons

Na

very productive

The energy an vibe was excellent. People were fantastic but the salary was not good. Working hours were good always. Used to get lunches from time to time which staff enjoyed.

Good company culture

Generally friendly people to work with across departments.The culture is great and also facilities are great.A bit of complex management style that is sometimes rigid.Flexible times but sometimes working over weekends.

just a workplace

Miway is a good company to work for, if determined in what you do you will get recognised. management have since tried to make the work place into a fun enviroment

Productive and fun working place

Is good productive place to work at you get to know about yourself and you get to know that everything is about time that time is very important and perseverance

Pros

Incentives

Cons

To long working hours

fun work place with promise of growth for hardworking dedicated people

Fun work place with promise of growth for hardworking dedicated people. Miway was a young company with exciting new ideas. there product were exciting to sell. I loved my team. our company encouraged team work and creativity.

Pros

gain insurance sales experience

Cons

no cons

fun workplace

A place where you get to learn alot. The hours are long . Get paid a reasonable salary. I would like the opportunity to spread my wings and try out new things

Pros

salary

Productivity

Team meeting every morning, closing on a client. Management had a one on one with staff for training. Co-workers are always ready to steal your clients just to make the sale markup. convincing the client to join MiWay when he is not interested. when co-workers come to me for advice on sales pitch and it works for them.

Pros

winning the prices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,3 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance