MMI Holdings

MMI Holdings Employee Reviews

South Africa104 reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

Great Workspace

I enjoyed a great deal of people interaction through partnering with business heads (Regional and Branch Managers) and all other employees in the Regions. Furthermore, travelling was fun as I got to know many places. I was though unhappy with some internal HR admin processes.

Pros

Full accountability of the divisions/regions assigned to and business travels

Cons

I cannot fault anything in particular

Productivity and good motivation from superiors

Seeing clients, getting pushed for targets but also very rewarding especially if you made your set targets, I enjoyed my time at Metropolitan loved my job and my clients.

Pros

Occasional team buildings collegeaues and management, great interinaction.

Cons

Have to be willing to go the extra mile and work outside normal working hours.

Speed on accomplish dutie

MMI was the best company I have worked for their culture its conjusive to adapt easy. It is one of the best Health Care Medical Aid. Their system are conjusive to sterilize.

Collaborative environment

There is a room for development. Working in a open plan area drive productivity & there's teamwork amongst all stake holders. The company has a believe of grooming and developing its staff member by offering upskilling programs.

Pros

Able to plan own work schedule

Cons

Size of the team

Connecting with leads. Preparing your diary

The basic salary system does not work with the company. The previous commission system worked very well and kept a lot of consultants in the company. Review your payment policy

challenging and enjoyable

challenging work load and enjoyable if preference is working under pressure. A combination of administrative tasks as well as client focused strategies

People with disabilities were not offered transport from the station to work and back to work

The company must really care for people with disabilities especially for the shuttles.The company didn't offered top positions for people with disabilities.

productivity and culture

Organized, technology friendly , relevant with all industry changes, diversity 100%, Team work is key. The salaries differ , being Positive and focused on work is important

Productive and nice workplace

Productive and nice workplace Working as a team was best Growth in careers is there, and many opportunities to excel your career (skill). Welcoming is perfect

Funworking place

Each day you need to make sure you apply correct premiums to policies, and always make sure that the companies are paying the correct premiums for our clients. It is always fulfilling knowing that you have helped a broker by applying the policies on time as it affects their commission if premiums are not reconciled on time. It is always challenging when the Payroll officers from different companies are not willing to pay the premiums for their employees and our duty is to convince them to always make sure they pay on time as it may affect our clients when claim arises.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MMI Holdings?

fun workplace

the company is a fun place to work at.There are however not enough growth opportunities within the company. The salary structure was mostly commission so it can get a bit stressful at times.

Work experience at MMI

I enjoyed working at MMI Holdings. The people were all like one family. The work is very fast-paced to reach our targets, but we had our fun moments as well.

Fun workplace

I had a lot of fun with my team as we were rewarded a lot for team achievements. They look after their employees and their wellness. I learned a lot about people management and team development.

Productive and Fun Environment

The environment at MMI is very professional and has individuals that know what they are supposed to do, and how to contribute to the company. Very organised.

Very productive

I've gained lot of experience on how to deal with difficult clients and also learned how to be disciplined at all the time I'm now a go getter and have mission and objectives of my vision.

IT Work place very demanding, but a lot of experience to be gained. The staff are pleasant and everyone tries to pull their weight

Check system availability in the morning , monitor applications during the day. When on standby, ensure availability for emergencies. There were several applications that had to be checked. Some were done via an automated system, and some manually.

Stressfull environment

Initially it was full of fun, Environment was conducive under previous management who was real human and understands that each individual has home life not only work,

If you want to do best u work smart

MMI showed me great rewards of hardworking. I started as a financial advisor then i was promoted to senior financial advisor. Through hardworking and dedication.

productive and happier

my first day was wow like enjoying to be at work and very exciting to meet different kind of people. I learn a lot how to do presentation and to face many people and going out to see the really word. in terms of management was very fair and giving advises and mentoring us how to make a business, its was very important to respect other and even their culture race age ,on my side the hardest part of my job its where am out to see client and when am about to meet him/her and explain my product and the client reject me by saying I do have policies and I don't like you company. wow the most its where I reach the target and within the close date that's make me happy

Pros

free lunch on monthend

Cons

8 to 6

not very organised culture

There is no motivation. Skills are not applied correctly. Not sure what the future holds at this company. Want to move as soon as possible. Salary not good. they could offer more for my skills and experience. I put in a lot but do not get recognition for my extra time and work i put in

What is unique about MMI Holdings

MMI holdings has a culture like no other company has. We treat each other like family and enjoy working with one another even under stressful situations. We work best as a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MMI Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance