Mogale City Local Municipality

Mogale City Local Municipality Employee Reviews

South Africa23 reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

Municipal environment

More political views, and influence over all. Good learning environment, able to provide further learning/studying opportunities. Relaxed and carefree staff.

.Working 8hours per day

I want to work any job in your company and I don't have any problem to work as general woker and am willing to work under pressure and working with any team and am willing to get your maximum wages per month don't have problem

Toxic Work Environment

Mogale City has very unfair and biased management. You are only favoured if you are a family member to someone in management or HR. They commit gross unfair labour practices and get away with it all the time. Management treat hard working, highly qualified staff badly and continuously promote people who have nothing to offer. The environment is toxic, management is unapproachable and on a power trip with god complexes. I would never recommend working here to anyone as it crushed my soul and I feel drained emotionally and physically.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Terrible management

innovative space to learn and grow

lovely working environment. I learned plenty and had to do research for the school programme activites, opening avenues to learn more on an academic level. a space to be innovative and creative while solving serious problems. management and problem solving skills were thoroughly tested.

Pros

the learing and growth experiences

Cons

working space was crowded

Stable Workplace

I attend to meetings ranging from Audit, Risk, Research, Strategic Planning to Compliance. We develop and compile baseline studies, strategies and policies and working with service providers regarding projects that are to be implemented. I'm in a middle management position and report directly to the Executive Manager. The hardest past of my job is attending to requests from the public and stakeholders within a short space of time. The work culture is good and its more on one being productive and active in what they do. I have learned a lot since I commenced my duties at Mogale City and I would like to learn more in other workplace environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is that everything is planned and working with stakeholders within the local and provincial sphere of government to explore other opportunities and avenues.

Pros

Stakeholder Engagements

Cons

Long Hours

Learning curve and exposure.

My typical day at work includes executing day to day HR duties,from recruitment & selection to HR administration. I have learnt that professionalism at workplace is very key. I also learnt that being a team player is important as it makes day to day execution of duties very simple. Punctuality and planning is also one of the qualities I have come to realize as fundamental. Ability to take instructions and being able meet deadlines while keeping your composure under pressure is also key. What I enjoy most about working for MCLM is the positive workplace environment and the friendly employees that are willing to assist at all times. I am an intern at MCLM ,so I rotate and change departments every two or three months and the hardest part is when I leave a department in which I had already gotten used to the culture and the people.The management of MCLM is organized, communication is easily cascaded across all levels of management efficiently so. We have three level of management and they are all functioning like a well oiled machine.

Pros

Free tickets for events.

Cons

Short Lunches

everything is here and cradle of humankind

it has been like my home and nothing i can compare it to mogale city. people are friendly like namibians. it is still a developing municipality which is surrounded by big metros joburg and tswane.

Pros

Cons

12 hours

Learning new thing everyday

When I start at Hekpoort Library there was no registered users, I had to advertised the library by doing outreach program, (going to schools in the area to inform them about the library and its services. Now I am happy because the community know about the library and they use it.

Productive and resourceful

The company allowed for career and personal growth of employees. The management allowed for creativity and initiative from staff in implementing projects at communities and provided resources and support needed.

Pros

Training, creativity

Cons

Political environment

People were left to do their work and there was no micro managing

1st thing in the morning we would gather for discipline parade, learned people skills and cultures, management well, diverse culture, hardest part, reprimand people

Pros

Vehicle subsidy, housing, medical aid, pension

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mogale City Local Municipality?

Challenging and rewarding Workplace

Mogale City Local Municipality is a good place to begin your working career. There are however a number of requirements to working for an organisation such as this, especially in the public representation field.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Limited growth

Politically biased organisation

There is no growth for internal employees. Higher positions are filled by political deployees who then have to be trained by experienced staff. The Senior Manager's contracts are 5 yearly, at times management consider internal staff for promotion and some don't.

Pros

Time off when you have worked long hours.

Productive and fun

Mogale city is a local government municipality,the focus is more of community services. Ive been working at the ict department as an it systems support.

Productive place to work in but with political interference

I was able to formulate new methodologies and approaches around Project Management and the Project Management Office as well as implement the ERP Project without much red tape and restrictions. Had challenges that I enjoyed tackling and resolving. However the institution is not open to change and it takes time to implement new initiatives. At times politics interfere in ones execution of work as Mogale City is a Local Municipality.

Pros

Allows initiative thinking

Cons

Not receptive to change

excellent

here i was the budget specialist and thid was for 14 department. rather strenuous but it lifted my career to a management level. i also managed staff.

Pros

environment and people

Cons

dealing with staff on hr issues

good municipality to work in.

the municipality is doing a great job in delivering services to the community workplace culture can be improved due to the current political atmosphere

Responsible for council buildings

Building maintenance is basically the maintenance of all council buildings which includes electrical.Plumbjng .Painting etc All services were outsourced and some were done by internal teams It was the responsibility of the municipality to ensure that all buildings and facilities are properly maintained.

Highly politically charged environment but fun to work for

expect to learn something new everyday, people are team orientated and the hardest part of my job is addressing unruly communities and the most enjoyable part of my job is having concluded contracts timeously thereby facilitating service delivery.

Pros

Avavilability of career advancement courses

Cons

Employment structure is very limiting

Productive and Knowledge based workplace

a typical day at work would be receiving applications and also issuing out S.G diagrams. I learned to master report writing with the help of my co-workers and supervisor. The hardest part was not being able to help a client with their queries. The fun part was site inspections.

Pros

Site Inspetions

Cons

Hectic work load

Fun working place

- Normal firefighting and ambulance response - the true firefighting techniques - Management encouraged employee development - Gas firefighting - Exploring all aspects of fire department and emergency services

Pros

Employee wellbeing

Cons

Short breaks, lunch on the go

Dynamic work opportunity with endless learning experience

Co-ordinate various projects and institutional reporting information; development of productivity and strategic analysis reports and implementation of improved enterprise-wide risk management process. a management team that is visionary although offering limited institutional support and co-workers that are committed professional bend on producing high quality work within the set timeframes. getting timeous and quality reporting information from functional departments. the enjoyable part is that my unit serve as the nerve centre of the institutional thus housing all the institutional memory

Pros

Flexi time

Cons

limited top management support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mogale City Local Municipality. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,4 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance