Momentum

Financial Advisor11 reviews
South Africa11 reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

Competitive and Demanding

The basic requirement for being a financial advisor is knowledge in the areas of finance in which they practice, but true professional competency requires much more. In fact, financial advisors must wear many hats to do their jobs effectively, and those considering this field as a career should learn about what the day-to-day lives of advisors are really like. Anyone who works in the financial industry can tell you that the first step to becoming a successful advisor is to obtain a sound education in the mechanics of whatever aspect of finance in which you intend to work. This can be a bachelor’s or master’s degree in some cases, a professional certification such as the certified financial planner designation, or just a license or two for those who wish to focus on a specific type of financial product. But your real education in this field won’t even begin until you have started your financial advisor career.

Pros

Flexi working hours

Cons

Travelling

Great productive team

This was only a temp job. I did however enjoy working for Momentum. I worked for New Corp which is a broker agency for Momentum. I didn't enjoy cold calling, but you get use to it.

Great client focused company with strong values

I have 13 years experience in the financial planning field. 10 of those years have been spent with Momentum. It is truly a great company and a leader in innovation in South Africa in the insurance industry.

productive and fun workplace

Momentum is a company which withholds It's values. They put their costumers as well as they're employees first. The motivate and help with skills development by constantly having training and exposing their employees to other work opportunies and a change to study futher.

Pros

free training

Cons

better working environment

fun and informative job

1 I have a good experience at work with friendly management. 2 Everyday u learn new things ,how to communicate, be prepared before seeing a client, meet new people, deferent behaviors and customer services. 3 hart sometimes but they are doing their job. 4 my co-worker are good behaved because we work as a team. 5 when not meeting targets it becomes more unbearable. 6 The experience and money.

Pros

Free trainings

Cons

long hous

exciting

i enjoy doing my job, i meet people which different characters every, i interact with people and I advise them about different financial solution that can solve their financial problems. I have a very close relationship with my colleagues because we help each other in times of need and motivate each other about work and our personal lives.

Pros

own schudule of working hours, pay for performance

educational and fun

my first job and must say i'm loving sales and enjoy working with people who are willing to teach and let us grow within the company.I came as an intern in this company and my first job ever! but for the time Ihave been here I have really learned a lot about the industry and myself as an individual.A great management team and co workers, we have fun together and build good lasting relationships as this also is a reqiurement in our line of work.

Pros

free vouchers

Cons

not meeting targets

Good working environment

Nice working culture and enjoy working with co-workers, care for clients and good customer services. Its a good company to work for.

Pros

Reasonable working hours

Advanced Technology

The laptops we used to capture client details were smart laptops. The Lenovo Thinkpad. The department I was working for was still new and they were very accomodative. Took a huge risk on individuals with no work experience.

Pros

Free Laptop, Internet Moderm

Cons

Target

challenging and exciting work opportunity

As a financial planner, your primary role is to help your clients realize their financial goals and objectives, and clients are just like snowflakes; there are no two similar clients, which means no two days are alike.Another thing I really like about my job is creating financial plans and reading financial articles. It is important to know what is going on in the stock market, the economy and about new investment/tax strategies. Creating retirement plans is a lot of fun too. You get to know your clients better and you offer them a truely value added service as a financial planner; a global overview of their financial situation. Pre-requisites to Become a Financial Planner If you are looking to become a financial planner, here are the few requirements you need to have according to my experience: – You enjoy challenges/pressure – You like people and talking to them (read listening to them) – You are analytical – You are able to communicate financial reality – You are a go getter – You are able to close a sale – You are honest and transparent

Pros

own working hours

Cons

constant sales effort

Educative and warm interactive environment

Our mornings begin with +/-1 hour meetinngs reflecting on yesterdays perforrmance, plans to improve from negative past actions and plans for the day.The meetings also inculde feedbacks and discussions on tips and lessons other members can use when faced with similar situations and issues. I have learnt the importance of always meeting knew peolpe, getting to know clients before even offering them any solutions by listening first and then replying. Teams are very important to lift each other up, brainstorming to solve issues and for synergy. Our management is made up of supportive and open individuals that respect us and want the best for us even going as far as joining us on appointments and asssisting with presentations. A diverse group of colleagues in terms of language, cultures, ideas, dreams and personalities. But we all had a common interst of improving peoples financial states and equiping them with knowledge and tools to handle all kinds of everyday obstacles. Hardest part of the job was overcoming the negative perception of insurance advisers and declining of claims by insurers for some claims. Enjoyable part of the job is interacting with new people daily, listening to peoples different experiences and dreams and opinions.

Pros

Advanced technology equipment to carry out duties. Face-to-face interaction with clients

Cons

Clients negative perceptions based on past experiences

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Momentum. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance