Motorola Solutions

Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews

Showing all 2 918 reviews
promotions and sales. people skills and communication skills fun fun fun
Pros
free handsets
Cons
n/a
Typical run of the mill government contracting gig. Arrogance amongst management, to succeed you have to make yourself unnoticed when there is nothing to do and act like your head is going to explode when you are somewhat busy. Management often acts like the job is too much to handle and the work is so difficult. Upper management can be very outspoken and racism is rampant in the South East. A real do as I say not as I do mantra.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Arrogance, Racism amongst management.
I worked at motorola from 2015-2017 in the call center operations desk (cco). It was my first job out of college and overall a good experience. The training was a month long, though you are taking calls around the second week. The management was solid. The only negative would be the strict call scheduling and over concern with matrices.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits, decent work culture
Cons
Short strict breaks
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Motorola Solutions are okJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Motorola Solutions, I think excellentManagementIn general, managers at Motorola Solutions excellentCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Motorola Solutions is easyOverallMy experience working at Motorola Solutions very good
I enjoyed working at Motorola. The work was rewarding, employees were nice. Were considered essential during the co19 shut down. Pay could be higher
Pros
Good company
Cons
Pay
Essa empresa foi primeira empresa multinacional que trabalhei,e voltaria quantas vezes necessário até eu efetivar!!!
Pros
Refeição e fretado
Cons
Agente poderia levar garrafinha de água pra linha de produção
Working there many years ago. Good place to learn new skills and be challenged. Decent pay with good work life balance. Good benefits. Recommend to new grads.
Great job would love to work for them as a hired employee. I work for them through a temp service called indeed but overall the job/company way the best company I’ve worked for!
Motorola was very good for my skillset. I had to move away from my job because of family.Laid back work place once you get to ace the interview. My managers were nice and accomodating.
Cons
Many layoffs
First off the company as a whole varies dramatically. If you are on a team that deals with specific customers, it will be operated completely different then another team working in another area. This can be good and bad, what makes sense to do won't happen, then you will be glad that your management doesn't enforce certain things.At times people can be very insular and appear to show favoritism, many people have carved out their area of responsibility, so if you don't stick up for yourself you will get taken advantage of.You will be thrown to the wolves a lot, so if you are the type of person who is reliant on other people, you will fail. There is an alcohol problem with most people working for Motorola, and it is just joked about, this is evident in people drinking until early morning daily and coming to work hungover, or still legally drunk. If you drink, you will be right at home, if not, you will be picking up other people's slack.If you are familiar with the radio world, Motorola is always put up on a pedestal, I worked with some amazing people, but the management was horrible, with crazy amounts of turn over and new policies. Once I saw behind the curtain as a "motorolian" I was disappointed.The pay is only good when working overtime, which requires 90% travel or more if they see that you can be taken advantage of.Training is all dependent on schedule, which can lead to no training in the course of a year. The project managers and engineers, besides a few, are some of the worst I have ever worked with. You will be expected to wear multiple hats, take - more...
Pros
Cutting edge technology, Best of the best in radio industry, Relationships with customers, Travel
Cons
Heavy travel, Favortism, Poor management
Good environment with the right leadership and team. Different teams have different work/life balances. Need more new hires to bring in fresh ideas.
Good culture. Smart, hardworking people in my organization. Love working here. The company as a whole is very siloed, and I think they could benefit from being more collaborative.
Pros
Work culture, people, flexibility
Cons
Politics, hierarchy environment
Ótima empresa pra se trabalhar, bons gestores, horários e salários justos.
Training provided to employee is sufficient Best workplace culture Mature Agile Mindset Best Management company Every colleagues are collaborative and helpful
Pros
Flexi benefits, insurance
Cons
Traffic jam after work
Ambiente ótimo,equipe ótima tudo perfeito recomend
Absolutely nothing was done about workplace troublemakers. People in plain site being hostile. It was just oh well deal with it. Also the cigarette breaks for the workers were ridiculous. There were people outside on the hour every hour smoking away. Smoke at break ok but then smoke in between breaks then ask other workers to run the machine while they smoked. Six/Seven out of ten workers smoked.. In the end, the company moved out of Massachusetts and the manufacturing where I was went to SingaporeAny wonder? How do you get work done with all that smoking?
Pros
8 miles from home
Cons
Too many to write here
To keep it short, the work environment was substantial. The only issue I had just so happened to be a major one. Pay. Other than that, I would consider working there again.
The worst interview I’ve ever done in my life, the person who makes the interview can’t communicate effectively, no multicultural work environment, I have interviewed with 5 people, all of them are from the same background and culture which made me feel awkward when I interviewed, and one more thing I want to say to them, please please Motorolasolutions use to be a big name, and a good company why do you have your kids playing around while you are interviewing candidates, I felt overwhelmed and kept repeating myself!! It seems like HR needs a lot of work and improvement. Worst interview experience I can say. And the sad thing is that was their manager who has his kids yelling. Their Manager!
Pros
Interviewed with 5 people at once
Cons
To the interviewer KEEP YOUR KIDS AWAY when interviewing candidates, we put too much effort to find an opportunity to express interest and we like to be heard. Please
The job had lots of areas to advance, I would either work in town planning out the projects or go onsite to hold a meeting, work with the team and review subcontractor work.
Pros
See lots of new places and work with great people.
Cons
Away from home for weeks at a time
Trabalhei no controle de qualidade, e de modo geral é uma empresa dinâmica, tranquila onde pude aprender muitas coisas produtivas. A empresa investe pesado no treinamento dos seus funcionários.
Pros
Ambiente saudável, fácil de se trabalhar, otimo salário e gestão excelente.
Cons
Não há estabilidade, a qualquer momento pode haver corte de funcionários em massa.
Be prepared to lead, be proactive. Their projects primarily are upgrading old networks with new systems. It is challenging by testing your knowledge and creativity.
Pros
Challenging projects
  1. Employee Reviews