Mott MacDonald

Mott MacDonald Employee Reviews

South Africa38 reviews
3,0
Good technical expertise in company. Always support when needed. Salary is typical with other large scale consultancies. Work life balance is good. ong work hours only needed for critical deadlines
4,0
Excellent management, Flexible hours, Friendly staff and Great Growth opportunities. Although there are very harsh deadlines to meet. Good work and home life balance.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Harsh deadlines
4,0
I was employed on a construction site, the site management was very well managed. Our site project manager was very professional and very supportive of the employees working for him. The working environment I would describe as being pleasant and informative, bearing in mind the conflict of interests, of the the various project employee functions. Generally the project management team and the main site contractor had a good working relationship, which resulted in a good client relationship, and a successful project
4,0
Good company to work for.
Opportunity to interact with contractors, suppliers and colleagues.

Big plus is the opportunity to improve management and social skills, which are underestimated; compared to discipline skills. Project managers are great at mentoring and advising fellow workers.
Pros
Mangement and social skills improvement
Cons
Company is dealing with tough clients
3,0
Work long hour with out over time, the people in the work environment are friendly and accommodating. unfortunatly the same cannot be said about ht management team.
Pros
Office location
Cons
Long hour
5,0
Excellent company with a global vision that embraces serving humanity in an ethical manner. Enjoyed the Business Development lifecycle in the company and the focused customer engagement.
Pros
Excellent online training, great global communication systems
3,0
Good experience on major project, locally and internationally,
Get time off to pray when at work, good facilities in the office, coffee machine

Will retrench when there is no projects,
5,0
It’s a company that demands one to always be on the feet, demands a 110% at all times. It’s a great company to work in and there’s always something new to learn.
3,0
In the years I have been here I have managed to grow almost yearly career wise. There is apparent room for growth. It is world competitive. I have learned a lot, and I learn something new everyday.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
Nnone
5,0
I loved everything about this job, the flexible hours and working with NGO's. I must say that I grew in my time as a Monitoring & Support Stuff. Enjoyed seeing young peoples lives being impacted daily.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Travelling
5,0
Mott MacDonald was an excellent company with Global outreach. I learnt how to manage projects, the working staff was diverse, and there was continuous internal training programs. The only problem was looming retrenchments every year in the later years of my stay there. This made the working environment very insecure.
Pros
Very cordial and friendly working atmosphere
Cons
Looming retrenchments
3,0
It was a good experience. Exposed me to many different aspects and how to think on the go.
Helped me with building my office skills and how to meet deadlines as they are particularly strict when it comes to that.
Pros
Get to work with different aspects of person
4,0
2. Mott MacDonald is a very productive company a place where u can grow your knowledge in construction and consulting. people are very friendly open.
Pros
year end funtions
Cons
we sometimes work holidays but they don't pay
4,0
Work was of vacation work nature. A lot was learned and supervisors
were always helpful. The work culture is good and everyone gets their work done in the required time.
5,0
The company was taking care of their staff including long hours
overtime and lunch .The company take their for training or course.Team was included.It was a big company to work for it was all of the world.salaries,bonuses and medical aid was included
Pros
Functions
Cons
Part time
4,0
I am a disciplined person who is always committed and dedicated to the tasks I undertake. I have good leadership and communication skills which I learned from working with different teams in different levels in the work place. I work well with a team and on my own without any supervision. I am able to perform in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines. I believe in building my character based on integrity, trust and professionalism.
Pros
team buildings
Cons
Bad weather
3,0
Mott MaCDonald Health is a good environment for development practitioners. It exposes you to a lot of different projects.
There are good project management systems and ethics.
last year January 2016, I was appointed to do some raft design
of low housing in chatty 1060 (number of the 1060 units). they were 4 different houses. My line Manager gave me the responsibility of the job from the Design of the work in office up to the inspection of reinforcement steel on site, which was a very challenging work, as to all 23 Small SME constructors were unable to prepare reinforcement. but I showed them how to fix reinforcement steel, and how to read drawings. eventually I was appointed as clerk of works/ inspector of the project, that includes of inspection of the complete work from the raft foundation up to the completion of the house. During this project I learned how to handle contractors especially during our weekly technical meetings , and advising beneficiaries, presenting progress of the work on site to the client, challenges meet on site i.e ( missing connections of drainage, bursting of water pipes etc).

My co-workers were impressed with the work I did, and am profound of the it, I manage to supervise project and complete it within the speculated time.
Pros
free cofee, braai
work from 7h30 - 16h00.
Learned to produce structural drawings for bridges etc.

Co-workers were pleasant.

Stimulating and challenging.

Large company with lots of challenges
Pros
large company with alot to learn
Cons
sometimes too many people
3,0
Pros
-great people

-great work environment

Cons

-large corporation where decisions are made outside of local offices
4,0
Great friendly environment with supportive colleagues. Generally have interesting and challenging work. Access to international experts from around the world who work for the company.
Pros
friendly environment and great supportive colleagues, good working hours
Cons
Very little benefits, below market pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mott MacDonald. Our community is ready to answer.
3,9