Mott MacDonald

Mott MacDonald Employee Reviews in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

Durban, KwaZulu-Natal6 reviews
Productive and Relaxed
Excellent management, Flexible hours, Friendly staff and Great Growth opportunities. Although there are very harsh deadlines to meet. Good work and home life balance.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Harsh deadlines
Productive and formal
I was employed on a construction site, the site management was very well managed. Our site project manager was very professional and very supportive of the employees working for him. The working environment I would describe as being pleasant and informative, bearing in mind the conflict of interests, of the the various project employee functions. Generally the project management team and the main site contractor had a good working relationship, which resulted in a good client relationship, and a successful project
3,0
Working under extreem pressure
Working under extreme pressure with little or no support, Paid in local currency with the rand falling against all international currencies with no adjustment.
Pros
Cons
extreem pressure
2,0
Very Difficult Environment
The project was in a extremely poor state and impossible to recover. The project team had a very low moral. Leadership was non existent.
Pros
Cons
High Taxation and Violant culture
5,0
A Pleasant Work Environment
All staff were welcoming. This allowed me to proceed with the necessary tasks as quickly as possible.
Management and line managers always complimented employees for work carried out especially well.

The company set time aside for work socials. This made for a more pleasant environment for all.
Productive,challenging
The Durban Harbour Entrance Widening Project, did not have a typical day at work as everyday held something new. It always had an event to make the day exciting. This position opened my eyes to a whole new world within procurement / contract administration and the knowledge I have gained from my co-workers, not only in procurement, has enhanced my abilities increased my productivity. It has gained me insight and perspective in other areas and enabled me to multi task. The hardest part was always the time constraint but being able to deliver prior to the deadline made it challenging and worth it.
Pros
the opportunity to gain experience and knowledge from people that have worked around world.
Cons
instablity of the work environment. no job security.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mott MacDonald. Our community is ready to answer.
3,9