Mott MacDonald
Mott MacDonald Employee Review

very productive, team player

10 January 2017
last year January 2016, I was appointed to do some raft design
of low housing in chatty 1060 (number of the 1060 units). they were 4 different houses. My line Manager gave me the responsibility of the job from the Design of the work in office up to the inspection of reinforcement steel on site, which was a very challenging work, as to all 23 Small SME constructors were unable to prepare reinforcement. but I showed them how to fix reinforcement steel, and how to read drawings. eventually I was appointed as clerk of works/ inspector of the project, that includes of inspection of the complete work from the raft foundation up to the completion of the house. During this project I learned how to handle contractors especially during our weekly technical meetings , and advising beneficiaries, presenting progress of the work on site to the client, challenges meet on site i.e ( missing connections of drainage, bursting of water pipes etc).

My co-workers were impressed with the work I did, and am profound of the it, I manage to supervise project and complete it within the speculated time.
2,0
Pros
free cofee, braai
8 July 2013
I enjoy my work and am able to endure the work pressures as well as the tight deadlines provided the work pressure is evenly spread. I learn new things everyday in other discplines of engineering as I am expected to assist in work tasks which I have never studied for or had previous experience with.
Pros
Knowledge in the structural field.
Cons
Unbalanced work pressure
27 April 2020
Good technical expertise in company. Always support when needed. Salary is typical with other large scale consultancies. Work life balance is good. ong work hours only needed for critical deadlines
4,0
16 March 2020
Excellent management, Flexible hours, Friendly staff and Great Growth opportunities. Although there are very harsh deadlines to meet. Good work and home life balance.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Harsh deadlines
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mott MacDonald. Our community is ready to answer.
3,9