Mott MacDonald

Mott MacDonald Employee Reviews

South Africa38 reviews
3,0
Good technical expertise in company. Always support when needed. Salary is typical with other large scale consultancies. Work life balance is good. ong work hours only needed for critical deadlines
3,0
Working under extreme pressure with little or no support, Paid in local currency with the rand falling against all international currencies with no adjustment.
Pros
Cons
extreem pressure
3,0
I did enjoyed working with them ,getting to know different things each and everyday .I've how to keep myself pro active on a daily basis .and we have a good communication with my co-workers .the hardest part of the job is where by I have a deadline especially when I had to send some inspection to the various department .I 've enjoy more especially when we get bonuses according to your job performance .
5,0
Mott MacDonald is an international organisation and I have learnt a lot with in this organisation, but would like to move closer to my country of origin.
2,0
The project was in a extremely poor state and impossible to recover. The project team had a very low moral. Leadership was non existent.
Pros
Cons
High Taxation and Violant culture
5,0
Supervision and quality control on a daily basis.
Compiling of snag lists. Issuing of Site Instruction as required. Verify Change Requests and add approved ones by Project Manager, as Variation Orders to the Monthly Payment Certificates. Technical meetings with Contractor.

Acquired a vast number of experience in a large number of civil construction.

The guidance of the management is of a reputable quality.

The co-workers are pleasant and highly skilled.

Sometimes, due to work load it is difficult to submit chores in time and late hours are then required.

Job satisfaction
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
To visit Head Quarters travelling from rural areas and then through city trafic
5,0
It is a very driven company in terms of deliverables etc. Also a good place to grow your knowledge and skills. Company management focused on profit but also accept their legal responsibilities. Best perks of the job was the travelling around Africa and to the UK.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Long hours of work
5,0
good company to work for they could do a lot better if they learned to work as a team, work on site is unclear due to this factor
4,0
Very professional engineering house capable of delivering large megaprojects in various disciplines.
Proactive hands-on approach and capable of dealing with complex intricate technical problems.
4,0
Good support from team, help were they can and we push to reach target or sooner to accomplish a new standard. we work on a MM standard that everybody is on the same page.
Pros
dont take lunch work through it
Cons
8 hours
4,0
The management of Mott Mac is exceptionally good because when we had problems or queries, they were attended too.
Everyday at work was part of a life changing journey that truly changed my life, daily my character was built, my skills were sharpened, my temperance and tolerance were built too and above all I learned so much on the technical and practical side of engineering.

I was under the mentorship of very experienced people who did not only challenge me daily but also allowed me to learn from my mistakes. they trusted me with very strong decision making.
5,0
All staff were welcoming. This allowed me to proceed with the necessary tasks as quickly as possible.
Management and line managers always complimented employees for work carried out especially well.

The company set time aside for work socials. This made for a more pleasant environment for all.
4,0
my typical day at work is managing the processes for a project. my day-to-day tasks are attending to an overflow of emails; capturing timesheets for +20 employees seconded to the project;, checking, capturing and approving employees expense claims every 2nd Friday of the month; drafting employees contracts and submitting to HR for further processing as and when required; assisting with travel logistics; project invoicing, sub-consultant invoice reconciliations, purchase orders, and arranging functions at remote locations. responding to Purchase Orders on Quadrem (SAP) and loading invoices for client approval through the Quadrem system.
I have learned how to manage my time, and meet deadlines.

I have a good working relationship with my co-workers and is the "go-to-person" for assistance within our company.

the most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction, the challenges, the never ending focus on ensuring that what I do has an impact on the project.
Pros
flexi time
4,0
coleagues are very fun to work with.
mangement is very suppotive and motivative.

learnt alot on draughting and design and site related work like reports etc.
Processes and Systems are excellent
There is team spirit

Monthly Reporting at times hectic
Pros
Culture and positive environment
Cons
Rigidity & red tape
5,0
, I was in charge of arranging all their staff and client functions. My responsibilities for the Client functions (event management) were to procure a venue, confirm a VIP list for guests, coordinate the sending and receipt of invites and welcome guests on arrival. All functions that I had planned and coordinated were a huge success and received great reviews from the guests.
Pros
Km Calims
Cons
Bad Time Management
2,0
I enjoy my work and am able to endure the work pressures as well as the tight deadlines provided the work pressure is evenly spread. I learn new things everyday in other discplines of engineering as I am expected to assist in work tasks which I have never studied for or had previous experience with.
Pros
Knowledge in the structural field.
Cons
Unbalanced work pressure
4,0
The Durban Harbour Entrance Widening Project, did not have a typical day at work as everyday held something new. It always had an event to make the day exciting. This position opened my eyes to a whole new world within procurement / contract administration and the knowledge I have gained from my co-workers, not only in procurement, has enhanced my abilities increased my productivity. It has gained me insight and perspective in other areas and enabled me to multi task. The hardest part was always the time constraint but being able to deliver prior to the deadline made it challenging and worth it.
Pros
the opportunity to gain experience and knowledge from people that have worked around world.
Cons
instablity of the work environment. no job security.