Mr Price Group

Mr Price Group Employee Reviews

South Africa533 reviews

Great working environment

Mr Price as a company is a great place to work at but the management at the call center lack the skills of being managers as they put pressure on agents that leads to various depression issues and some agents resign due to this and also they should re evaluate their Com structure .

Pros

Great company values and benefits for employees

Cons

Com is very low 😕

Competitive and healthy

You meet new people and get introduced into new ideas where the opportunities are equal for all store associates and life gets to be easy as the time goes on

Pros

Free tea

Cons

Normal working hours

Good i n work

I love my work i love people like to work as General work in polokwane loading and picking and if something wrong tell my management to fix the problem

Pros

1hours

Cons

1hours

Productive and fun workplace, employees work as a team at all times.

I have loved every day of working at Mr Price, when ever I wasn't sure about something I could go to my fellow colleagues or Manager for help without the fear of being answered in a disrespectful manner. I instantly felt like i belonged there because everything came naturally, nothing was forced or pretentious.

Pros

Lunch hour

Cons

Productive workplace and the management is thus far been amazingly good.

I enjoy working for Mr Price Group but it would be even more better if there was alot of growth in it and find ways to grow within the company and learn more than we do now.

Pros

Get to learn.

Cons

Long hours spent being on your feet.

Fun place to work and I enjoyed my work.

Productive and fun place to be everyday. I enjoyed working with Mr Price and I will appreciate it if I get that opportunity again to work with you. If I get the opportunity to work with you I will be able to do my best. The experience and the hard working was amazing

Pros

Nothing for free

Cons

During festive and its worth it

Good stepping stone

Fun beginner company.My advice is don't stay too long.You won't be able to sustain your family.I used to wonder if the CEO can survive on a 3k salary per month.

Pros

Cons

Below minimum wage

Customer service, merchandise, assistant manager

Im happy to work at mrprice group because I was learning very fast and have passion with my work,I was also helping Botswana customer'sI will be happy

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Only stock take

Work as a team and fun

We used to help if anyone is behind with work.Get to meet different people.Learn different skills and improving communication skills.how to deal with difficult customers

Pros

No free meals

Cons

Normal hours

I learn to the till, floor , and to merchandise to the department ,

Mr price is good company, I learn a lot in that company. All the workers their allowed to learn and to rich in better opportunity for you to grow up

Pros

In mr price the do not give free lunch . n

Cons

We geting 1hour lunch, 15minute tea time.

Productive, challenging and opportunities

Was very good in terms of workers recognition and fair promotion amongst hard working,but need to renforce security.Area manager must visit shop without notifying

Pros

When caught shoplifter

Cons

Need leave department tidy for next day

Educative and confidance boost with fun and excitement

I loved working there,also it has helped me educationally,giving me adiquite skills and knowledge of working enviroment with equisite pace and understanding the level of mindset of ones mind

Pros

Lunchez

Cons

Bad customer service

Fun working space and good management

I had a great experience with Mr Price Group and I wish to work with them again, be permanent because I loved everything about them coz I am very passionate

Pros

Yes coffee power hour was fun

Cons

Average hours

Productivity but less opportunities

A good working environment, have leadership skills and management skills , good with customer solutions and good staff coaching and store productivity.

Pros

Not at all

Cons

Normal hours

Good experience, productive and a good place for growth of the business

A typical day at work, we would start at 8:45 which is the meeting time for 15mins, the meeting would explain the target of the day and for the past day. The store manager would motivate the staff. At 9:00 the store would open and everyone would go to their department and start to work for the day.

Pros

Good experience and growth

Stressful and unfair treatment

Mr Price made to never ever want to work at retail shops ever. They will treat you like trash and still pay you late that you even have to go and tell the manager you haven't received your payment. I hate that place, the killed the little confidence I had.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, little money

Productive and fun workplace

It was a fair workplace and the staff was very friendly there was no pressure. The working hours were normal. Lunch hours were fair too. The security was over protective.

Pros

Normal hours

A very good team players and team spirit and they have common goal in temrs of vision, they have a good customer service. And i really enjoyed working there.

Pros

Free tea break packs

Cons

Medium hours

Work life balance important

Exceptional culture, exciting work.Great team work, lovely working environment. Company invests in their employees. Salary unfortunately below average.

Fun workplace

Mr price is a very nice place to work I would recommend it to anyone who has a good reputation and a person who is patient, dealing with customers complaints.

Pros

Free voucher or Lunch

Cons

12hours

Great stepping stone for beginners

Fun place to work , talented team members.Problem they is no growth in the company absolutely none.You end up burning out, anxiety kicks in.Salary was way below average to keep body and soul together.I used to wonder if the top leaders of the company could live with the salary we were getting paid from month to month.Great work environment to be overworked and underpaid.I would not recommend Mrprice group to my worst enemy.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Stagnant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr Price Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Mr Price Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?