MSD

MSD Employee Reviews

South Africa16 reviews

3,9Work-Life Balance

Respectful

Good cultureGood Leadership Opportunity to growMentorship Collaboration Teamwork Smart Good officesInternational exposure Successful Integrity

Fair

I worked for them for 3 years and was not given a permanent post so I felt like I was been used in a way but they gave me work experience. I feel like they should be fair to all employees.

Fixed term contract

It was a fixed term contract and finance moving to Prague there were no chances of perm position. Working environment was good and management was listening to every staff and taking action

Good

Good company to work for Well balanced Tranquility Team work Motivating, and challenging for the brain stimulated tasks, and enjoyed doing presentations

Fast paced

Things happen quickly at MSD. MSD is very set in their ways, and company culture is set at a specific level. Product management is taken very seriously. Sales conferences happen often and tradition is taken seriously. MSD has a strong brand equity and pharmaceuticals are of high value.

Productive.educational and great benefits

Productive Extensive training support. lots of staff development.team work is vital no working in silos. It would be nice to be more digital than manual .I think we should print less papers and use sytems to do the job. Innovation won't hurt. loyalty is rewarded at MSD they have a good retention system .current staff average stay is 15 years plus .I feel that hey should recruit new talent with new ideas and innovative ideas.currently there is lot of resistance to change. I think its fear of the unknown. Experience is the best teacher but then again need ideas should be welcomed.

Pros

Shares schemes.

Cons

Long hours. short staffed

Great career opportunities

MSD is a great company to work for with brilliant opportunities to allow their employees to progress with regards to careers. Managers I reported to were very encouraging and had my interests of progressing in life.

Pros

Better Remuneration

Cons

Limited opportunities based on location of employees

Professional and strategic

An incredible company to learn the correct way to do things.At the time we were boycotted by the rest of the world so the company was run locally for a while and did extremely well under the circumstances.

Innovator company

MSD is a global Innovator company with a lot of opportunities to grow ones career. The company is great to work for and they really look after their employees.

Pros

A lot of growth

Cons

Not enough staff

Productive and exciting company

MSD is a great, diverse company to work for with ample opportunities. Depending on what department you work in, work-life balance was great.

Pros

Excellent business structure

Production made everyday

Just an ordinary job we took our job seriously but then based on the our management things never go accordingly fine, well as for my co-workers we loved our job

Pros

Production

Overall Good Company to work for

Benefits and employment policies are standard - the organisation are ethical and follow required government and medical regulations.

Pros

One can excel here when matched with the right leader\manager

Cons

One can go nowhere fast if matched with a poor manager\leader

Its a good company to work for

• First and second line support • Monitoring the helpdesk mailbox • Logging of calls, assigning them to other technicians & follow-up with all users after every fault reported on Remedy • Provide remote assistance to end-users • Hardware and software problem diagnosis • Daily updating and monitoring of incidents till resolution • Resetting passwords and unlocking users accounts on Active Roles Server • Setting up new desktops and laptops and configuring them to end users • Troubleshooting hardware and software peripherals • LAN, Wireless network and E-Mail support • Upgrade and repair outdated or broken ICT equipments and updating Antivirus and threats • Remote Desktop support, network and local printers support Keep resolutions of jobs in a readable format • Continuous updating of the telephone extension list Continuous updating of the Active directory as and when information changes First line telephonic support for call resolutions • Manage assets and inform the asset manager of any changes for the asset register • Manage the PABX (telephonic system) • Manage Helpdesk mailbox • Managing users accounts on the AS400 • Installing the Lotus Notes and resetting passwords • Setup the 3G cards, ISDN, Analogues to the users and train them on how to dial up • Enroll user's fingerprints using the IDU system, allocating them to the specific locations • Patch the numbers in to the telephone patch cabinet and ensure they are working • Install local and network printers • Help the users remotely using the Net meeting support and telephonically • TMS Backup -

Pros

Team Buildings

Exciting and Productive company

I managed my own territory and identified who the key opinion leaders were in order to effectively grow the allergy portfolio. Management were extremely nice to work with and we all were effective as a team.

My life at MSD Animal Health

* Typical day at work was busy all the time. from a certain time to another was cruch time to ensure all orders were done and ready to be packed. Inbetween that would consist of queries and customer feedback and so forth. * I learnt a great deal on the Animal Health side of things and how to multi-task on a lot of things * Management was extremely helpful and was always willing to help * Co-Workers were always there and jump when ever i needed help * Hardest part of the job was personality clashes with some people * Most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and the reps

Pros

Company has amazing benefits (Medical Aid, Pension etc)

Cons

Wanting to go further and not being able to

I work independently in the field

Theres lots of driving involved and can be hectic at times. I learned to be more patient and super proactive. Management is very supportive and understanding especially when it comes to personal issues etc. We work independently in the field but we do communicate effectively and support each other. The hardest part is when one has to work overtime unprepared. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people learning and applying what they learned effectively. and attending seminers for professional growth.

Pros

company pays for all travelling involved i.e. petrol and e-tolls

Cons

working 25 hours per week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MSD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,9 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance