MTN
4,0 out of 5 stars.

MTN Employee Reviews

South Africa336 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

great to work but red tape & bureaucracy become a nightmare

In the beginning there a was a true passion and loyalty to work for the brand value. Benefits were cut, I learned to work in a team, management were difficult to approach.Culture of the brand values became difficult to adhere to. Trying to convince management the decisions made was in the best interest of the company.The customers deliverables met in all aspects.

Pros

subsidised lunches, company car and fuel

Cons

Micro management from lower management level. Not taking workers grievances into consideration

Competitive Environment

Working in store level is demanding and competitive. Poor work life balance due to retail trading hours. More than 90% of the stores are now franchise resulting in poor salary and commission structure.

Exciting and proud to have worked there. Would love to work there again.

Office atmosphere and Company culture are fantastic.There is no discrimination, so cultural Diversity is very well structured. Bad days allow for character building, and help is always available.Management teams are very much really interested and invested in the staff. Love the constant Innovation and improvements, and including staff in all developments and news and status of the company at all times. Good days to me are especially when the company has reached certain goals, or successfully released and jntroduced new innovations.

Pros

Phone, canteen, more relaxed culture, as long as the work is done.

Cons

Not a lot of promotion opportunities

Qualifications vs boring routine work

Tertiary qualifications of employees not taken seriously. You have to be closer to management in order to be promoted. It's not what you are capable of, it is about who you know.

Fast paced. Target driven

You have to be a permanant employee in order to reap the benefits. Best company I have worked for, the company really looks after they employees. Bad Management and favoritism is the only downfall. Very stressful to meet targets and kpi, but hard work pays off.

Speacial days and achievements celebrated.

It was a very educative journey, experiences enough to equip me to be smarter,responsible ,grown me to be optimistic always ready for change.many departments to explore, made me be more passionate and more enthusiastic about service delivery, costumer retention,customer service and to understand the balancing of finances.

Pros

Celebrations for stuff speacial occasions

Cons

Growth of position.

Productive and technologically advanced

Productive and technologically advanced with a lot of opportunities for career advancement. It is a stressful working environment but there is exposure to a lot of different areas in the company.

Productive and a fun place to work for

Great changes into the industry and innovative products and take care of their employees and makes sure they uplift their studies and also pushes their staff to want to do more within the company.

Pros

Lunch voucher and night shift allowance

Productive,fun,many possibilities and growth

If you want to be part of the yellow team don't hasitate. it was a pleasant experience andhonored to have had the experience.still love telecom world.

Pros

Free lunch, airtime and data

Cons

Must be flexible for busy days.

A fun place to work

My years at MTN allowed me an amazing time to grow as a person and strengthen my job skills. I built a huge clientele and I provided the best service possible to my clients.

Pros

Exciting environment

Cons

Stressful targets

Competitive

It was a good experience for me to work for this company. I learned a lot about the work place, retail experience and having an advanced social networking experience.

Pros

Free lunches and SPIVs

The culture

MTN is the best company to ever work for,they have have great benefits. The culture is great and they have an open door policy.

Pros

Medical aid is the best

Salary & Culture

The Salary and benefits are minimal, although the Medical aid is good though. The culture is also very good. They have an open door policy. Lots of politics

Pros

Cellphone allowance & medical aid

Cons

Management and salary

We live work play

It's a nice company to work for, with often training. I have been with MTN for almost 24 years. The company taught me a lot and I have experience because of them. From Admin to sales

Pros

Subsidised lunch

Cons

8 hours

Very fun environment

MTN is a great company to work for except the outsourced divisions.Working for MTN has helped understand customer service and what it means to be the first line of the business.

Pros

Free MTN 8 tickets

fun

i would like to join them again due to the fact that it was fun and challenging at the same time and it has teach me to talk to customer,s correctly.

Pros

lunches

Cons

If Mtn can offer permanent positions after probation due date to experience staff.

Also try to keep the experience staff give them good benefits of the company at all times, it's a good company to work for cos Mtn is a big brand through out the world.

Pros

Staff must be more priorities at all and good packages at all levels

Cons

Treat works same to all level in a Centre and store and offices

productive

friendly environment with lots of opportunity's to grow within the company i was fortunate to work with great team member always willing to assist ..

Relax and do your job

Fast-paced, Can-do attitude Innovation Work takes over your whole life You can learn a lot in a day No sleep 24/hr working life Salary does not come close to matching scope off work Great benefits

Fair Top management

Top Management (Group executives) does their best to motivate & unite employees. Great CEO, Mr Shuter MTNers are friendly & cooperative Low level managers are technical experts so, need more training on 'People management'. Pay & benefits are quite good Career growth only open to a few

Pros

Canteen subsidy, Employee Bursary, Free data & Airtime, Staff discounts of Devices, travel opportunities to other Africa countries, great social events

Cons

No promotions

Good

Good Friendly No growth though Good culture Management needs to have an open door policy Payment was bad for the work load Favoritism must be stopped completely

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MTN. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance