MultiChoice

MultiChoice Employee Reviews

Management forgets that they are working with people who have lives outside of work so as much as its a call center they must improve work life balance. This will make employees to love to working for this company and they wont feel like they neglect their families.
Pros
Free meals, rewards systems
Cons
Poor work like balance
Nice working environment and lots of in incentives, well focused employees treated well ND nice working environment for younger people and Thers growth
8hrs shift working with Irate customer ,MAking sure that customer queries are resolved in good time and sending reports to management and and upskilling people that didn't not have too much knowledge with the product
Pros
Free lunch and teambuildings
Cons
Short breaks
MultiChoice Africa is a pressurized and fun place to work at. A typical day would include hard work with deliverables, deadlines and lots of fun. The people are friendly and results driven. I learned that teamwork is important in order for projects to be completed and that one is only as good as their last results. Management is good and the culture is very diverse. THe hardest part of my job was acclimatizing to the pace with which decisions were made. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people and how they related to each other.
Pros
Never a dull moment lots of free bees and flexibility
Cons
Long hours and rate of change (good and bad change)
Multichoice DStv does not want to simplify solutions for their customers, worse, their call Centre employees are treated like nothing.Terrifying place to be, hence over half the employees took VSP during announced retrenchment in 2019. You were forever FRIGHTENED that the worst could happen to you while giving your all but being a TEMP for over 2 years.Working evening shifts till 11pm as a lady (Monday to Sunday, every holiday, Christmas, Easter holiday, etc) and no one cares about your safety how get home, but expected to report to your shift the next day. Mind you, there are some individuals(reportedly Indians) who receive the privilege of apartments paid for by the business while black women still finding their ways to homes at around 12am & 1am to townships. Though there were reports of mugging cases, however, that was continuously ignored by management. You ask them today, they'll tell you they never heard of that, which is their natural response. Selfish management who gets rid of you when you start asking relevant concerning questions. Elias Kgoete was dismissed as a result of asking questions such relevant questions about abnormal shifts
Pros
After new management it all stopped
Cons
Ridiculous hours and shifts
I absolutely loved working for multichoice.. The environment was fun the training was so good n affective I was so confident wen I started on the floor.. The managers were so helpful and I appreciate meeting new customers evry day and also building relationships with regular customers.. I really enjoyed the option to work over time to make more money and improve stats
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Salary could be better
I am good at my job and I have experience but companies have to help and make us grow if we perform and meet targets . Was applying for different posts but somehow was still good enough for call centre but met all the targets and no warning or anything for 9 years
Excellent, you get to work with professionals and you meet a wide range of people, learn more about communication and workind with people on a daily basis
Pros
Fun. and you have a partner to work with
Cons
long hours standing
It was nice working there, work for both inbound and outbound environments, was really pleased at being there but most of your time is spent at work!!!!
Pros
Competitions, vouchers (varied)
Cons
Long Hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MultiChoice?
Don’t have much to say. Company good. Management is something else. Benefits are good as long as you perform. You get what you work for and nothing more.
Pros
Good company
Cons
No development in the Call Centre
The company gives you opportunity to share your ideas and grow. You get to participate in forums where you come up with creative ideas that will help the company to innovate
I have learned how to treat and Identify the needs of various customers, clarify information, embark on necessary research, and provide lasting solutions to customer’s problems.
They pay us when they want and always short payments..... There's much more to say... It's nkt even worth it.... iSon must be reported, but where, to whom????
Pros
Cons
You don't have a life......
What I loved the most ,was rewards and recognition programs The employee benefits made a huge difference , in terms of school.for kids , kids allowance and most of all the medical aid
Very fast paced. Learnt a lot. Paid for my studies after 2 years of working there. There is room for growth if you are determined. Got to meet a lot of great people.
Pros
Team Buildings were the best
Cons
Ever changing structures in management
Multichoice was a good company to work for with great benefits .If it wasn't because of the retrenchment I would still be employed there there were minor issues like any other work place however there was always a solution .
Multichoice is a great company to work at, with the operational requirements at the call center and technology advanced place i believe that anyone can work any where after Multichoice. Almost every employee was living the company values.
Multichoice is a fast phased workplace that requires you to be willing to learn every day and you should always have your A-game. You must be willing to jump from 1 query to another.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Great work culture, growth opportunities, futuristic company.The style of Management is ethical and developmental.Colleagues are willing to assist,just wish for a permanent post and no more contractual work,would love to retire at MultiChoice.
Multi-Choice is a great company there is always room for improvement. Technology changes and the company does adapt to the change,it also makes sure everyone in the company is adapting to the new technology. Multi-choice at times it makes sure it creates entertainment for its employees because the clients can also get the workers stressed. it is a great company and it takes care of ts employees.
It's a rotational shifts environment, if you are computer literate and grasp new concepts quickly you'll enjoy working here. Everyday is different as there are multiple buildings to work from.
  1. Employee Reviews