MultiChoice

Call Center Representative92 reviews
South Africa92 reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & Benefits

It a fun working environment

I loved working at multichoice , the management was helpful and also the salary was good and we also had qork functions and free lunches and also incentives

Pros

Luch

Nothing is exciting

MultiChoice choice should Give us leave at anytime that we want and they should raise our salary. When you get the bonus you should not even have short hours, but everyday we coming to work but when we see the pay slips we have short hours, they give us leaves on December because we families to prepare of. And we want our salary in full no excuses. And we want 2 off days a week.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Short hours

It was the best work experience I have had. I only left because I worked night shifts and I had 2 little kids to take care of.

You get a good salary and get paid all your overtime and you are not forced to work overtime. You get performance incentives, medical aid, uif, funeral coverage, pension find, bursary. You just need to give your best performance because it's a fair company that takes care of its employees.

Pros

You get snacks on a busy day, free lunch, performance bonus and 13th cheque, daily and monthly performance Incentives.

Cons

Night shifts is the only problem for me.

Learned a lot about self and how much I wanted to grow and be better at every role that I was tasked with Call Centre Agent, Quality Management Agent.

Don’t have much to say. Company good. Management is something else. Benefits are good as long as you perform. You get what you work for and nothing more.

Pros

Good company

Cons

No development in the Call Centre

ISon /Multichoice is rubbishes

They pay us when they want and always short payments..... There's much more to say... It's nkt even worth it.... iSon must be reported, but where, to whom????

Pros

Cons

You don't have a life......

Fast Phased Environment

Multichoice is a fast phased workplace that requires you to be willing to learn every day and you should always have your A-game. You must be willing to jump from 1 query to another.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

The salary was great and the working environment is also great. However there was too much pressure at times but I was always able to multi task. Great company.

One word "monopoly"

Most of us have works do the company forore that 3 to 4 years yet no benefits, no promise of perm, the unfairness within the organization. There is a lot that is no write and I believe the top management is not even aware.

fun and productive working place

my experience at Multichoice was not a terrible experience. I also believe that one creates their own experiences. My major issue was the hours and depending on public transport at the time.

Pros

incentives

Productive and fun

Multi choice was one of the best companies I ever worked for. Being part of the world of entertainment was the best. Being able to help people with there viewing was amazing.

Pros

Free giveaways

Cons

Manageable hours

Worst Company to work for in the sa

Management say one thing do another. Call centre building is always being fixed. Toilet leaks. No parking for call centre staff..No culture at all. Staff being threatened with warnings long hours. Peanut salary for temp staff. Temp staff can temp for 5 years at multichoice.. worst company in Africa

Pros

discount on dstv

Cons

long hours. Peanut salary. unsafe building that smells

Productive and fun place to work

Multichoice is good company to work for. I've learned a lot and experiences amazing things. The benefits are good but as an individual the aim is to strive for more and achieve more. Multichoice has taught me a lot about dealing with customers and behavior as well as discipline. However I want to experience more in other divisions and experience more things

Benefits

Cons

Long working hours

Productivity is okay but the working hours and the work schedule is not stable which makes it hard to get use to working there

Mc is very good company which I can grow into but the working ours are strenuous.the benefits there are good and it makes you feel at home but the money in a call centre is so little

Pros

Free meals when we reached the targets or free decoders

Cons

Hours are 7-4

building relationship with customers

what i have learned at multichoice is that i can work[ underpressure and that am good at helping people and that am also a team worker mutlichoice has opened so many doors for me.....about the typical day at work is that wen u go to work willing to work and assist customers u get to work and find out that the system is off line .... the culture at multichoice is good becouse u get to meet alot of poeple and also get to be yourself .... the hardesr part is having to deal with poeple who dont have the product knowledge ....

Pros

incentives

Cons

double shofy

A challenge worth it

It was challenging to work at night,but i enjoyed it,because my manager was a good hard working woman,i learned to be effective in my work,and not to look at only the salary but to be an asset to the company.I loved my co-workers, we always worked as a team.It was quiet normally at work,everybody was just doing their best to meet up with the target of the day.

Pros

Gifts on Birthdays

Cons

Night work

Fun work place

Fun environment wich requires alot of team work,dealing alot with technical en billing issues, data capturing and handling calls for the whole of sa ,handling all queries

Pros

Team building

Enjoy what you do

A good working environment and learning to work with people and their different personalities. Best enjoyed days are when you get to learn more about a new product.

Pros

Company benefits

Cons

Long Hours

Fun workplace but it gets very tiring for a 35 year pld

- Its a vibrant company it gets very busy which you can handle. -I learnt to handle all kinds of pressure whether it be deadlines or working very demanding hours and taking ownership of whatever decision you take. -Management is very effecient and proffesional -adjusting to the very demanding hours is the hardest i had to adjust however the job as an agent is only demanding when you first start like anything it becomes a bit hard at first and as you go along you get used to it. -the most enjoyable part of this job is the benefits.

Pros

Medical aid and the almost free dstv

Cons

salary is a bit too low

it was fun working place

The product was easy we were working on something that its happening in your life. Ive learn to multitask,at multichoice you dont depend on managment you manage yourself & help each other with your team mates . the hardest part you dont spend time with your family most of the weekend your at work but you will enjoy the competions on weekend

Pros

free lunch, competions

Cons

the hours were fine the long hours was 8 hours

Hectic but fun working place

If one cannot work under pressure, this is not the place for them. I honestly enjoyed what I was doing to the core. We kept each other motivated to get through the day. the hardest part of working here was that one litterally does not have a life. the shifts become unbearable, one does not even see their own family. Although I really enjoyed every part of my job I always wished I could do it under different circumstances. benefits were only good for permanent employees and contractors worked for transport money.

Pros

Team building excercises once a year.

Cons

Unbearable shifts, short breaks, no allowance for going to the toilet without compromising your statistics, One had to wait for their break to go relieve themselves.

balancing social life and worklife

its abusy callcenter and the hardst part is working from 7am and nightshift

Pros

rewards