MultiChoice

MultiChoice Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
3.3Job Security & Advancement

Fun place to work

I grew a lot within the company as a result most of my experience in the different fields comes feom working from them. Started as a junior and left as a manager.

Amazing experience. Will work there again !

Amazing experience. Would have loved to work there longer on an extended and permanent position as a new Graduate. I believe it’s hard being a new graduate in South Africa with the alarming unemployment rate so it as disappointing that I couldn’t get to show more of my skills and have the opportunity to be a permanent member of the amazing company.

Cons

Limited internship program with no growth

Productive work place

The company is great they just undermined customer service consultants and it was hard for a person to grow in the company. I learned that you always have to cover your back and read what you sign.

Pros

Free lunch and lots of competition

Cons

The salary didn't match the job I did

Nothing is exciting

MultiChoice choice should Give us leave at anytime that we want and they should raise our salary. When you get the bonus you should not even have short hours, but everyday we coming to work but when we see the pay slips we have short hours, they give us leaves on December because we families to prepare of. And we want our salary in full no excuses. And we want 2 off days a week.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Short hours

Productive and fun workplace

I was stressed and shaking But I I managed to understand the work and the position I was working on and the position I was working on was very interesting and I am very interested in the position that I was selected to work for and I would like to be considered for the opportunity to be involved with the company

Cons

Long hours and too much work

Place to work for

Multichoice is a good company, only people will change the environment. Things started changing when Naspers departed from the company everyone was stressed including the management team, people lost their jobs at the time culture has changed salary was decreased it was no longer a place one had hoped for ☹️

Fun,open,learning in progress

At first my job was challenging I end up learning hard and became a good employee. I gained lot of experience including communication skills. My job helped me to go back to school to further my studies. I grew up mentally and became responsible.

Pros

Free uniform and services

Cons

Irregular shifts

Productive and fun workplace

Multichoice is a great place to work There's a lot of room for growth The most enjoyable part of the job was when we went on our team building it taught us a lot about each other's strengths.

Pros

Open door policy and respect from the Management

productive

Great place to work Productive and room for growth ..Fair management and they care about the employee reviews .cruitism accepted openly to management

Pros

free lunches

Cons

work life balance

Fun work place but long hours and stressful- one needs frequent massages to balance it all

I enjoyed being a DMC, despite the hours were too long, stressful at times because of dealing with a diverse clientele. I love working with people and I learnt to be more patient and also enjoyed team buildings.Change call center policies..at least better compensation because reps are the face of the whole company!Be hands-on and listen to especially call center employee needs

Pros

Diverse culture and relaxed work place

Cons

long hours unfair promotion procedures--favouritism

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MultiChoice?

It was a busy, fun and vibrant environment

It was very exciting to join a busy customer service environment, I have gained a lot of experience and skills during the nine years which i have served in customer care environment.

Work

It was a good and beneficial time for me when I worked there It opened my eyes to the great world of entertainment and media However how it all ended was devastating

Pros

Ample growth

Cons

Lack of transparency

Good company but no growth

I am good at my job and I have experience but companies have to help and make us grow if we perform and meet targets . Was applying for different posts but somehow was still good enough for call centre but met all the targets and no warning or anything for 9 years

Learned a lot about self and how much I wanted to grow and be better at every role that I was tasked with Call Centre Agent, Quality Management Agent.

Don’t have much to say. Company good. Management is something else. Benefits are good as long as you perform. You get what you work for and nothing more.

Pros

Good company

Cons

No development in the Call Centre

Productive environment

The company gives you opportunity to share your ideas and grow. You get to participate in forums where you come up with creative ideas that will help the company to innovate

Productive and fun work space

Very fast paced. Learnt a lot. Paid for my studies after 2 years of working there. There is room for growth if you are determined. Got to meet a lot of great people.

Pros

Team Buildings were the best

Cons

Ever changing structures in management

Multichoice summary

Multichoice was a good company to work for with great benefits .If it wasn't because of the retrenchment I would still be employed there there were minor issues like any other work place however there was always a solution .

Fast paced workplace

Multichoice is a great company to work at, with the operational requirements at the call center and technology advanced place i believe that anyone can work any where after Multichoice. Almost every employee was living the company values.

Great 4th industrial revolution company

Great work culture, growth opportunities, futuristic company.The style of Management is ethical and developmental.Colleagues are willing to assist,just wish for a permanent post and no more contractual work,would love to retire at MultiChoice.

Learning and Fun Environment

Multi-Choice is a great company there is always room for improvement. Technology changes and the company does adapt to the change,it also makes sure everyone in the company is adapting to the new technology. Multi-choice at times it makes sure it creates entertainment for its employees because the clients can also get the workers stressed. it is a great company and it takes care of ts employees.

Awesome Company to work for

Multichoice is a Good company Even though there were those challenges whereby some management will make you feel that you just a call centre agent. However a company as a whole it an amazing company, I will recommend it to anyone who might be interested on rendering his/her services there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MultiChoice. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• MultiChoice
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?