Murray & Roberts
4,2 out of 5 stars.

Murray & Roberts Employee Reviews

So far so good. Stuf is welcoming and open to help with insights regarding the work processes. People respect each other and their jobs. Employees are also provided the opportunity to Express themselves.
I got a very good work experience at Murray and Roberts and it's company of opportunities skills development. Murray and Roberts is one of the companies that you won't mind work for until you become pensioner
Pros
Bonuses and incentives
I have learn with kinds of people and to be a team player as well, Punctuality is very important in that company, always be accurate. Respect and to have a problem solving minded. Management was very good at we where just a very big family doing what is write. I worked there for 3 years and i have never fight with anyone , my manager was like a mother to us.
Cons
MY experience with Murray and Roberts was delightfully productive! Developed my character with sense of professionalism, they provided training for our enhancement. The people appreciate the way the company treats its employees, thereby providing a trust-based environment between employer and employee. Being among people who appreciate their employer, we wholeheartedly displayed loyalty to the company that treats its employees right regardless of salary. It is company who discusses to its employees of its status in the market and future plans and upcoming bids makes the people even more enthusiastic to perform better. Also it is a company who truly looks after the interests of it people, salaries never came late and it is even given earlier than usual whenever holidays fall on the regular salary dates.Truly a wonderful experience to work for a prestigious company that treats its people professionally deserves to be supplied with the same level of professionalism and easy to be loyal to.
Pros
Lots of free enhancement training, yearly gathering of employees and business updates
Cons
They will never force you to extend your work hours, but it is hard not to extend hours, even if you don't want to extend. Its a debt of gratitude kind of a thing.
Excellent company and treat it’s employees with respect and look after them. I will always highly speak of the company. I worked with them for over 16 years and have nothing negative to say about the company and only good things.
Pros
Excellent company to start your career
Cons
I m a miner who holds a blasting sertificate with competent A B with experience of 15in stoping I'm a hardworking person who likes challenges of getting a daily target and safety record and to achieve the monthly target with safety record,I'm dedicated on my job and hate to failI promise to be able to help your company to achieve the best safety production.
Cons
Stop and fix breaks
I climbed steps very fast in the early years working for them and build a lot of belt and trained many employees to my standard to do their jobs in a well safe manner. Safety first with a well first choice company to work for
Pros
None of those
Cons
Long hours with weekend work regarding the belt extension and construction work
I found Murray and Roberts to be fair, just and secure. I truly would recommend the core values to be of an admirable nature. The company structure is of high quality, the support system was greatly appreciated. The management truly gives attention to all employees needs, and therefore builds a solid structure of success.
Pros
Free accommodation, meals, benefits, and a support structure. Advancement opportunities, great learning material a diverse range of valuable information to better ones future.
Cons
I've enjoyed working there and still feeling like i can go back. Mrpe trained me and gave me experience working as an apprentice until i qualify and appointed as an artisan until my contract end last year in November.
If murray & robert can hire me back my life wil be change for ever. Especially on mine industrial .what i like is u learn more at murray&Roberts and safety i priority at Murray &robert 24/7
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Normal hours
The quality department is supposed to be an independent unit however management would make construction override the QUALITY team and that is why there were always changes made and new managers coming in and going out. I world say management on the project had no clue how run a major project like that. The work packs should be signed off progressively and not at the end of the project
It was nice working at this company my colleagues and management were very welcoming always putting workers I would love to work again at this company
Worked myself to a standstill, not a thank you for the hard work, overtime never paid, equipment not to standard forced to breach rules, double standards, management accepting bribes, vehicles not to standard, swearing and shouting,,,for the work you do and the pay you receive, it's not fair, bonuses are cut for no reason, not a good place to be.
Cons
Just battling to get promotion to a job I'm quilified to do the rest is ok they look after their workers although you can't satisfy everyone all the time
I've gained a lot of experience at Murray n Robert and in most cases is all about understanding, coping and how to work with different people at the same time.
Typical day at work, planning, organizing, scheduling and completion of daily tasks in co-ordination with welding department/metallurgists. Good marriage between management and employees. Workplace was sometimes difficult, because of the fact that we had an open plan office. The most enjoyable part of my job was achieving our goals and zero percent infringement rate.
Work was a learning experience but my communication skills increased, had good relationship with the client and with the service providers who did our repairs
Pros
Work companions
Cons
Communication
Doing the buying for more than one project across the country i am always busy, i also do tender buying which means i also learn a lot of new things with all the different tenders we work on
Sequencing of daily activities to expedite, a better person around difficult people, learning to lead people, when the team works the plan together.
Pros
incentive for performing critical tasks in paralell to daily scheduled activities.
Cons
Long hours when there are critical deadlines.
Every morning tool box talk and safety talk. I dit enjoy working for murray&Robert's yes you work hard but you learn commissioning of plant /boiler your day is never the same there is trouble soothing on pyps motors belts valves installing of equipment on time
working for such a well known organisation gave me a confidence that with my qualification and experience i gained, i can open any door in the industry. i worked with patient qualified engineers which they gave me a quality training.
  1. Employee Reviews