Murray & Roberts logo

Murray & Roberts Employee Reviews in Potchefstroom, North West

4,0
Work-Life Balance

Professional Environment

Very safety and people oriented company that looks well after their people. They stick to their plan and also supports the community. The environment is also well looked after wherever MRC works.

Pros

Very stable company with excellent values

Cons

No cons - what you see is what you get.

Typical Working Day at Moab Khotsong Anglo Gold Ashanti

Started work at 5:00pm Go through safety and Production stats of previous shift. Go to meeting room to oversee next shift planning. 6:30pm report to Manager with all responsible D3 staff and upper. Get all required documentation available for Manager. Proceed to Change Room to dress for underground shift. Go back to office and get all other legal's in place and inspect night shift report book for any derailment and major break downs that was carried over from previous shift. Go through Night shift, Shift Boss log books with Shift Bosses Present. General discussion Men, Material, Explosives, Legal files, Appointments, Derailment plan and action roster. 9:00pm go underground to 101 level 3150m deep. When arriving on the station inspect all material and material cars and compare night shift report to actual, proceed to my section. On arrival at waiting place The Shift Boss, Miner, Team Leader and Safety Rep take me through the plan board and legal notices, I then scrutinise the safety stats and production if any. See if all legal documentation required by law is in place. Check Miners time and attendance, Safe Declaration books and Explosive control books as well as Physical checks on explosives. Proceed into the section and when passing workers greet and question them on safety and production topics. visit all production ends and see if mined to standard and contractual standards. At the same time I will be noting all my findings and instructions in my field book. 12:00 proceed to surface, go to change room and wash and get dressed, then eat lunch. We then proceed to control -

Pros

Mechanised Mining Section not labour intensive and all workers receive lunch packs.

Cons

Very long hours up to 15 hours some times more.