Murray & Roberts logo

4,0
Work-Life Balance
3,9

Very productive and fun

I have learn with kinds of people and to be a team player as well, Punctuality is very important in that company, always be accurate. Respect and to have a problem solving minded. Management was very good at we where just a very big family doing what is write. I worked there for 3 years and i have never fight with anyone , my manager was like a mother to us.

Productive, Advance opportunities, Secure employment

I found Murray and Roberts to be fair, just and secure. I truly would recommend the core values to be of an admirable nature. The company structure is of high quality, the support system was greatly appreciated. The management truly gives attention to all employees needs, and therefore builds a solid structure of success.

Pros

Free accommodation, meals, benefits, and a support structure. Advancement opportunities, great learning material a diverse range of valuable information to better ones future.

Cons

Not good, management unfair and rude

Worked myself to a standstill, not a thank you for the hard work, overtime never paid, equipment not to standard forced to breach rules, double standards, management accepting bribes, vehicles not to standard, swearing and shouting,,,for the work you do and the pay you receive, it's not fair, bonuses are cut for no reason, not a good place to be.

Cons

Productive, sometimes challenging but satisfying.

Typical day at work, planning, organizing, scheduling and completion of daily tasks in co-ordination with welding department/metallurgists. Good marriage between management and employees. Workplace was sometimes difficult, because of the fact that we had an open plan office. The most enjoyable part of my job was achieving our goals and zero percent infringement rate.

Productive and fast pace

I would recommend any guys or lady lies who want to work at Murray and Roberts you will get the best training available to your career and you won't be disappointed.

Good benefits, productive and fantastic workplaces

Murray & Roberts is a very splendid company to work for, I have learned to work as a team, they even sent me for trainings to ensure that I am qualified for my occupations, management is very well established.

Pros

Safety bonuses, gifts and events

Great Company in a crippling industry

Due to the economic climate and corruption with tenders in South-Africa, Murray and Roberts' Power & Water industry is struggling to win tenders for profitable jobs. As one of the last construction and Project management companies in South Africa not running bankrupt, it is relying on their mining platform to stay afloat until corruption is removed from the country. The environment was extremely high pressure with a steep learning curve, but posed ample opportunities to lead and manage people from physically managing construction works, coordinating projects, and acting as a bid leader on multiple tenders for large projects provided me with a strong technical knowledge base of the construction industry - business and technical aspects, understanding of people and management expectations, and also with teamwork skills applicable across the board. All the while trying to find the most efficient and cost effective way of tackling problems.

Great environment to work in

Mostly setting out and asbuilt surveys The environment fairly demanding due to harsh climate conditions Workplace culture was the diverse one Techically a very challenging one

Good productive at all

Poor management that looks after them rather workers .I've work hard to put my effort on but at the end of day you get what you worked for .many achievements we dind get it .still pain full for me

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Working long hours not paid

Good work place

Good company,, good management,, like any can enjoy working under Murray-Roberts company, they even provide work certificates for the hard working employees

Pros

Yes, we where having free food

Cons

9hours

Jobs at Murray & Roberts

See more jobs

Very distrustful environment

The history and size of the company is an advantage. However, there do no seem to be a structured and documented project management and planning methods and procedures. No basis of schedule is required or followed and no schedule management plan adhered to.

Cons

Long working hours 50 to 56 hours per week

I gained a lot of experience on the construction company i was employed at murray&roberts under the trade pwht

I learnt a lot at kusile power station the job tittle I was entitled to do.The management was up to date when it comes to toolbox talks and our safety

Pros

Free lunch at canteen

Cons

I worked 9.5 hours per day

Work

I have had a very good session with MRPE. Management was excellent and work environment was good. The work was always willing to assist even in my private matter and problems. Should MRPE ever have a project and i can get the opportunity to work for them , i would be there asap.

Pros

Good houers

productive and fun

Working at a construction site can be a bit tricky,since one have to have a full concentration everyday,everyhour of work time.time management and team bring out good production of work.

Production

Enjoyable workday Shaft Sinking on a vertical shaft Operating a Stage Winder Equipping of a shaft Management are 100% Employees are happy and positive

Pros

Experience

Cons

production driven,timeouos deadlines set to completion

Great company to work for,although came in on contractual basis mostly,management supportive in individual decision making,remedial works on-going.A typical day at work would involve liasing with workforce(labour),sub-contractors,consultants and professional teams on a adhoc basis.Executing work sequences in line with plans,drawings,any changes or remedial work to prioriotise. Workplace culture is always helpful and supportive,educational in instructing safety practices and implementing safety on site The hardest part of any job would be not necessarily getting the proper support from management or unco-operativeness from workers or sub-contractors.Hence,disciplinary actions,warnings and penalisation come into play,or corrective measures taken. The most enjoyable part of any job would be when all parties and role players come together to action and execute a job well done,meeting deadlines,within budget,with available resources and time constrains. To be able to step back and see and appreciate a job well done and give each other the proverbal 'pat on the back' in support and recognition of each others ability and support in challenging moments.

Pros

subbies functions etc site braais

Cons

Long hours and having to meet deadlines

potential,realiable and implementation,fabricating structure and maintenance

Punctual,work safe all time and to be productive with potential I learn developing and fabricating structures Good Line-management Murray & Robert Cementation accomodate culture at working envorment Fabricate(Hard job) Maintanance

Conducive

Working for Murray &Roberts has given me so many opportunities to uplift my knowledge in the workplace and work experience.the management takes safety and the health of its workers very seriously

Pros

Free lunch and bonuses

Cons

productive and fun work pace

normal working ours, I learned the importance of time management, communication, hard work the ability to work under pressure, and team work, most enjoyable part of the job is production

Pros

compansaton for reaching target

Cons

The opportunities for career advancement limited

Going through the learning material Observing teaching and learning Giving support and strategies to assist slow learners Ensuring facilitators are implementing the correct methodology in facilitating

Pros

Free Courses

Cons

Self opinionated management

Good and challenging

Murray and roberts is a good company and i enjoyed working under it.The only that i was not happy about is employees development.Management was very punctual when coming to clocking time and overtime.

Pros

Production bonus

Cons

1 weekend off in a month

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Murray & Roberts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,2