Mustek Limited

Mustek Limited Employee Reviews

South Africa17 reviews
4,0
I gained lot of experience at Mustek how to resolve problems.Assembling the computers and repairing them it is the great opportunity that i have that is lined with my field of career.
Pros
Free study Materials
Cons
Normal hours
3,0
Management expect to know the products within 2 weeks time.
Staff didn't give a proper training how to sell the Products to customers.

They didn't give you enough timeline to know all the productivity selling process how it works to complete tender deal.

Sales staff is really selfish to teach the new sales executives.
3,0
Retrenched after 1 year of service.

Sales department wasn't making enough money so Mustek decided to get rid of the Retail Technicians. Regardless of personal performance of Individuals.
Pros
Cons
No job security
4,0
A typical day at work would be sending quotes to the clients then receiving feedback from them whether they accept or reject that quote, I send clean and wrap mails and sometimes send legal letters to those that do not come to pick up their units from us and also answer calls and assist clients that have queries regarding their job numbers.
Pros
Free internet connection
4,0
We worked like a team and a family.
Majority of staff have long time awards.

The CEO is an amazing mentor.

The staff tend to always go beyond just doing a job, customer service focused.
5,0
Mustek has an open door / open floor plan culture where everyone is treated with the same degree of respect. Our CEO and MD sat on our Sales floor amongst the Sales and Product teams.
On a typical day we would interact directly with the Sales teams, our management and our customers in a very casual but focused manner. Most of the people at Mustek have worked there for 10 plus years with the Product team mostly all over 15 - 20 years service. Mustek was a great company to work for with many opportunities for people to grow. Our Sales teams had a wide range of products to sell (Mustek is an IT hardware distributor) so the most difficult and fun part was getting the Sales teams to support you and your product above the others. The difficulties that were the worst were things that we didn't really have total control over such as shipping and Customs delays and the Currency fluctuations. the most enjoyable part of my day was teaching someone something new and obviously closing deals with the sales teams and with our customers.
Pros
Direct access to EXCO, Ability to make decisions in your BU, internal opportunities. Mentorship from EXCO
customer service
dealing with customer face to face is the hardest part of my job

when i see my customers smiling and appiritiating the best service
4,0
Learning how to manage the time to meet deadline,and learning from them for accounting knowledge and it's also different culture and learning how to work with boss and manager,learning how to arrange the time and handle pressure and customer service
4,0
Dynamic company to work for, strives for excellence, and leading IT support and destributor. Company teaches you a lot. Only problem is salary. You work at the highest level of service with the government and other big companies in South Africa.
Hands on
Decision making

Dedication

Attention to details

Interact with customers

Maintaining good relationship with customers

Ensure first time fix rate on customers computer system.
4,0
I start at 7h30am - Check my email, replying back to clients as necessary.
Ordering of spares to repair and following up on the parts.

I have learned and grown and have gain more Experience in this Field.

Working with my Colleges is great because we share every problem solving.
Cons
no long hours
5,0
I have been in sale for 10 years now and I am always productive where ever I worked in the company. The current company is one of the biggest IT distributors in South Africa and also it manufacturer Mecer brands.
5,0
I have enjoyed working with figures more especially at the cash office and also dealing with clients.I really like working at the challenging environment.
Pros
team work
Cons
Working for long hours
3,0
Well working culture, small branch but very intimate. People are friendly, lovable and caring. The work is enjoyable, easy, and not hard labour
Pros
don't work weekends
Cons
work until 5pm
5,0
Fun workplace and very good company
Mustek is a company that gives you opportunities.

Conducive working environment.
Pros
Studying
Cons
No Benifits
very easy job
easy enviroment

not much hard labour

no physical challenges

great management

hardestr part of my job is waiting for the phone to ring on a quiet day

the people customers are the best part off my job and sometimes the hardest too
Pros
fridays free drinks
Cons
not challenging enough
5,0
Controling and issuing of stock to the technical staff.
I have had the oportunity to see all new technical items come into Mustek, seen tricks and have learned so much from the technicial staff, most of the things that I have learned here are the correct & best way into repair computers and laptops - not the quickfixes you find in books. The management are hard, but fair and understanding, a pleasure to work with as are my co-workers. The hardest part was getting the stores sorted out and set up in a accurate, correct & working condition, putting procedures into place. The reward has been storting the store out and having it run 100%
Pros
too many to mention :)
Cons
dont think there are any