Mustek Limited

Mustek Limited Employee Reviews

South Africa19 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Friendly environment

I was employed through a Security learnership programme for a year doing Grade E. A General Security Practices certificate. I managed to complete the learnership and also did Practicals for a month to have an insight of what a Security Officer does or is entitled to do on a daily base.

Pros

Free lunches during training

Cons

Fair enough hours

No growth

It’s been nice working at Mustek as it was my first job from school but when it comes to salaries no growth at all Your stuck on one for ever,no movement of the levels Salaries increases after a while and not with much

Workplace, staff, management, Products

Management expect to know the products within 2 weeks time. Staff didn't give a proper training how to sell the Products to customers. They didn't give you enough timeline to know all the productivity selling process how it works to complete tender deal. Sales staff is really selfish to teach the new sales executives.

I gained lot of experience at Mustek how to resolve problems.Assembling the computers and repairing them it is the great opportunity that i have that is lined with my field of career.

Pros

Free study Materials

Cons

Normal hours

No care for employees

Retrenched after 1 year of service. Sales department wasn't making enough money so Mustek decided to get rid of the Retail Technicians. Regardless of personal performance of Individuals.

Pros

Cons

No job security

Productive and fun work place

A typical day at work would be sending quotes to the clients then receiving feedback from them whether they accept or reject that quote, I send clean and wrap mails and sometimes send legal letters to those that do not come to pick up their units from us and also answer calls and assist clients that have queries regarding their job numbers.

Pros

Free internet connection

Cons

Productive, passionate awesome place to work

We worked like a team and a family. Majority of staff have long time awards. The CEO is an amazing mentor. The staff tend to always go beyond just doing a job, customer service focused.

Mustek is a great company to work for, where everyone has the opportunity to grow their careers

Mustek has an open door / open floor plan culture where everyone is treated with the same degree of respect. Our CEO and MD sat on our Sales floor amongst the Sales and Product teams. On a typical day we would interact directly with the Sales teams, our management and our customers in a very casual but focused manner. Most of the people at Mustek have worked there for 10 plus years with the Product team mostly all over 15 - 20 years service. Mustek was a great company to work for with many opportunities for people to grow. Our Sales teams had a wide range of products to sell (Mustek is an IT hardware distributor) so the most difficult and fun part was getting the Sales teams to support you and your product above the others. The difficulties that were the worst were things that we didn't really have total control over such as shipping and Customs delays and the Currency fluctuations. the most enjoyable part of my day was teaching someone something new and obviously closing deals with the sales teams and with our customers.

Pros

Direct access to EXCO, Ability to make decisions in your BU, internal opportunities. Mentorship from EXCO

i believe that im a hard work

customer service dealing with customer face to face is the hardest part of my job when i see my customers smiling and appiritiating the best service

Finance

Learning how to manage the time to meet deadline,and learning from them for accounting knowledge and it's also different culture and learning how to work with boss and manager,learning how to arrange the time and handle pressure and customer service

Dynamic company to work for, strives for excellence, and leading IT support and destributor. Company teaches you a lot. Only problem is salary. You work at the highest level of service with the government and other big companies in South Africa.

Productive workplace

Hands on Decision making Dedication Attention to details Interact with customers Maintaining good relationship with customers Ensure first time fix rate on customers computer system.

I am a Hard worker and dedicated to what I do

I start at 7h30am - Check my email, replying back to clients as necessary. Ordering of spares to repair and following up on the parts. I have learned and grown and have gain more Experience in this Field. Working with my Colleges is great because we share every problem solving.

Cons

no long hours

Productive team leader

I have been in sale for 10 years now and I am always productive where ever I worked in the company. The current company is one of the biggest IT distributors in South Africa and also it manufacturer Mecer brands.

working with figures

I have enjoyed working with figures more especially at the cash office and also dealing with clients.I really like working at the challenging environment.

Pros

team work

Cons

Working for long hours

Well working culture, small branch but very intimate. People are friendly, lovable and caring. The work is enjoyable, easy, and not hard labour

Pros

don't work weekends

Cons

work until 5pm

Fun workplace and very good company

Fun workplace and very good company Mustek is a company that gives you opportunities. Conducive working environment.

Pros

Studying

Cons

No Benifits

friendly and warm working enviroment

very easy job easy enviroment not much hard labour no physical challenges great management hardestr part of my job is waiting for the phone to ring on a quiet day the people customers are the best part off my job and sometimes the hardest too

Pros

fridays free drinks

Cons

not challenging enough

Productive and a fun place to work

Controling and issuing of stock to the technical staff.I have had the oportunity to see all new technical items come into Mustek, seen tricks and have learned so much from the technicial staff, most of the things that I have learned here are the correct & best way into repair computers and laptops - not the quickfixes you find in books. The management are hard, but fair and understanding, a pleasure to work with as are my co-workers. The hardest part was getting the stores sorted out and set up in a accurate, correct & working condition, putting procedures into place. The reward has been storting the store out and having it run 100%

Pros

too many to mention :)

Cons

dont think there are any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mustek Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance