MWEB Connect

MWEB Connect Employee Reviews

South Africa14 reviews
3,0
The work was fun as i enjoyed field work.Dealing with clients on a daily basis,making sales and providing good customer services.Connecting clients services up was my favourite part of the job
5,0
Very competitive environment and management is quite nice the people and staff is very friendly there is a nice work and lifestyle balance. Never work weekends.
3,0
A vibrant person who has learned a lot from the previous managers, ready to be the leader and drive towards the objectives of a respective organization.
Pros
Negotiator, deal closer
Cons
Going extra mile
3,0
Nice job culture before taken over by a new company. Very busy everyday, working in call center environment handling inbound and outbound calls from the billings and accounts department.
Pros
Decent Salary
3,0
Its fun working here except for the shifts, dont have enought time to be with the family. Another problem when working shifts is the transport. I enjoyed working at MWEB.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
shifts
4,0
MWEB is a good company to work for. Its changed alot over the years and lots has improved since I first started here. The staff working at MWEB is like family.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No growth
3,0
every one is getting along and nice environment to work on. Managers are working very hard to to help their employers to improve them selves even if it means tough love. you have to be on your toes because changes are quick and often so its a lot of hard work pressure.

What i love about working there is that we are helping an d supporting each other showing strength in team work.
Pros
they given me a chance to better my self
Cons
its not permanent
3,0
If it was any other time I would say working here has been a positive experience and that I have enjoyed my stay. But it has not been partly due to the fact that the company was being sold and job security was not gauranteed. And partly because the people I unfortunately worked under, personally they have failed the people working under them and weren't part of the team which is most important if you are working with other people.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Negative characters
5,0
I thoroughly enjoyed working at MWEB as there was a good balance of management style, respect and maturity

Management recognised and rewarded hard work

Credit was given when due
Pros
uncapped internet, subsidised DSTV
Cons
being retrenched
5,0
I have grown with the business. It has become part of my family and life.

Management is great and easy to approach.

Team work is a key factor to success at this company
3,0
>Typical day at work is when I get informed ahead about obstacles to perform my duties, also issues that affect clients.
>In the years I've been at my current job, I've learnt a lot about team work with the same goal of providing good customer service.

>Management style is friendly, open space plan. Easy access to team managers when I need assistance.

>Hardest part of the job is the long turn around time for adsl line faults we escalate to Telkom. The process is not in our control as employees, resulting to unhappy clients.

> Enjoyable part of the job is employee recognition for outstanding performance ( i.e Awards , off days and incentives)
Pros
Perfomance Appraisal
Cons
Shift work and public holidays
3,0
I was expected to make achieve daily sales target to make it easy overall with monthly target. I was also expected to assist clients on technical support level on their devices that they bought from us or from anywhere else, devices such as MODEMS, Computers, Tablets, Ipads, Smartphone. Assist with ADSL Modem Technical issues for clients. assist with WEB hosting on the Technical part of it i.e helping client upload, launch and maintenance their websites.
The hardest part of the job was that management was not entirely involved with us on the junior level on most of the projects that the company had. I have learned a lot of IT Technical fundamentals and Advanced skills during my time with ?MWEB, I have learned to work well under pressure and be more effective by bringing new business, I have learned to Interact at an advanced and professional level with all the clients. I have learned to attack problems and solve them without having to involve management. The enjoyable part of my job was the Incentives and Benefits the company offered to me.
Pros
Medical aid, and good commision structure, Uif, Provident Fund
Cons
Self-training, Long Retail hours including Sunday and Public Holidays, Management not interacting with Junior staff, Very High target goals.
1,0
Shift 8:00am - 16:00pm
Log into Orbit system on Computer. Put on Headset. Customer calls in unable to Send emails. Troubleshoot problem with customer using system tools.Ask for Customer User Id. Log customer details in Orbit. Log out of Orbit at end of shift. I've learned how to answer calls and deal with technical related queries. I've learned soft skilled which makes it easy to communicate with customers. The hardest part is when you deal with irate clients and there is no communication with other departments and to tell the the query has been escalated to relevant department and they will be called back. The most enjoyably part of job is to be able to work along with friendly helpful co-workers and the feeling of joy when you were able to make a client happy that there problem has been resolved.
Pros
internet and dstv discount
Cons
management not helpful and lack of communication, disorganised processes
5,0
normally i start my day with my daily count of stock and check my emails for any correspondence from client or head office via activations etc,then im on the sales floor answering the phone acknowledge every client walking in ,he have time for fun and training etc,the hardest part in is when its dry(no clients walking in)then one has to go back to their leads,cresta is an A store so its very busy
Pros
attention to detail
Cons
typical retail hours