NACCW

NACCW Employee Reviews

South Africa10 reviews

3,9Work-Life Balance

High pressure environment

We have a lot of opportunities for personal development available to us such as studying further in your line of work. The pressure is too much with little time for yourself. No extra money more extra work. No benefits at the organization. Working on a contract.

I am hard worked and I love my job

Being at work is a blessing taking care of children, building relationship with the children, home visits and helping affairs, health issues and education

Good

We do a Nice job happing communities and young peoples alse well we've good relationship with them even we work hand and hand with our management our scope of work we dealing with children and young women those a on art hiv/aids

Gain more knowledge

Team work was applied that is the most important thing when working with people,we communicate knowing that our goal is to help children even with our managers

siyanakekela "we care"

To work with Naccw is not difficult but the problem is they have too much work yet they pay small money (stippend) And sometimes we work on weekends

Pros

only during training

Cons

monday to su

Productive and fun workplace and people,

Working and learning environment with a lot of opportunities.there rare challenges like any working environment but they are manageable. the management is very caring.

Pros

transport allowance

They did well

As I'm currently working with children, who are orphans it an important role, developing them with their families by using five dimension of development, physics, social, emotional, cognitive and spiritual. My company play an important role and my Mentor teach me how to work as a team, I gain much.

Productive and active but self centered sometimes

.How to protect & uphold the rights of the children .To work holistically in child life .Help youth to have a good decisions Making .To work on a broken circle of a child. .To teach young girls how to protect themself from getting pregnancy in early age and to prevent on getting Hiv &Aids.

Productive and Friendly work environment

working hours are from 08:00 to 16:00 everyday. We do not work weekends except if you have to travel. The office has everything you need to work and it is a typically friendly and casual work environment. The volume of work is very high and it is very fast pace as well so you need to be able to work independently and meet deadlines. Most of the day is spent with everyone glued to the screens of their laptops working away. Many of the staff do not make use of a lunch break. However, since it is an NGO that deals with the well-being of children it is a nice feeling to know that you are part of a bigger picture at the end of the day.

Pros

Great learning opportunity

Cons

Contract positions only

It is productive but not a fun work place

I use to wake up early in the morning to go and check the families that i work with if the children got up for school and if whether they had anything to eat. Then i would check the team that i work with if whether they are at work at that moment. What i learned is that communication in the team is important and also keeping on time. The management was not hands on they would not follow up on the complaints that we face in the field of work and they never kept us updated in the things that are happening so we were facing difficulties without the help of our management. I had a good working relationship with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was having to go to the families at 5 in the morning and walking in dangerous areas without any security. The most enjoyable part of the job was when i'm with the children that i work with they just brought joy in me.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NACCW. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,9 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
2,8 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
2,8 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,6 out of 5 stars for Management
3,8 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • NACCW
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?