NACOSA

NACOSA Employee Reviews

South Africa8 reviews
4,0
Working at Nacosa can be challenging but you have to know your story and work hard, what I like the most is that there is team work and so much support from management.
4,0
NACOSA is a NGO and as most NGOs it involved a lot of work and working odd hours to ensure services are delivered to the people. I gained a number of skills during my period with them these include working under pressure, team work, organisational skills and interpersonal skills. The team and management were good to work with and we always made sure we work together as a team so that the final goal is always met. As any other work place it also had it challenges which were over come through team work. One of the challenges were too much work load but that was over come by working extra hours, at home and even on weekends, it also involve a lot of travelling.
3,0
Workload is alot and you have to be someone that can work under pressure. You need to be a go getter and think outside the box. Its long hours with short breaks depending on your job task.
Pros
Pizzas on farewells
Cons
45 minute break only
2,0
Great coworkers, great work being done and good opportunities to learn.
No work life balance. High burnout and turnover.
4,0
Schedule appointments with community members. Mobilize the leaders and community to identify and the burning issues and find solutions to the challenges.
Learned how to interlink with the rainbow nation and understand different cultures. Management is supportive. Co-workers work together as team. Hardest part of the job is to get people to attend the meetings. Enjoyable part of it is to meet new people and work shoulder to shoulder in finding solutions.
Pros
Learning never stops
Cons
Learning never stops
3,0
There's opportunity to accomplish new and sustainable methods. Very easy going stuff members and competitive environment. Team work methods could improve and team building.
Pros
Travelling not a strict work environment
Cons
Could improve team work and job execution stratedgies
3,0
I have problem with the systems and processes within organization. However I love my work and I am a very positive person.
Pros
Doing my job
Cons
Systems and processes
3,0
Busy work days, which is enjoyable seeing that you deal with people from all walks of life.

Grassroot organisations is sometimes difficult to contact due to unavailability of technology
Ask a question about working or interviewing at NACOSA. Our community is ready to answer.
3,3