Nampak

Nampak Employee Reviews

South Africa51 reviews
4,0
It was really a great working environment , I was just unfortunate that I lost a job at the company, if they can call me back I will certainly not hesitate to go back. We need such kinds of companies in SA , I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the relationship. Helping each other and improving and reaching their set production targets, they certainly achievable. It's one of the advance companies in terms of technology and quality products.
Pros
bar was opened on morning shifts friday
3,0
The company is big and established with personal growth prospects. Good training programmes and well related to my trade. New technology and safety cautious. Good working hours and shift patterns.
Pros
Production bonus
Cons
Stand by
5,0
Working for Nampak was a blessing for me because that is where I learned the whole operation and process in plastic manufacturing company. starting from machine operator, production supervision and logistics Manager, was a journey that thought me a lot. I wish I could bring back the hands of time with Nampak. the Management had a good culture that made it easy for me to manage people and systems as both supervisor and Manager.
5,0
I had dreams when I first join the company the reception was welcoming. I came at with my good academic record in project management hoping that in no time I will be further developed but all was in vain. No one was willing to give direct answers
I was given the job of an production operator wich was not challenging at all. The only enjoyable part of the job was that it had lot of overtime which you can make lot of money. All I was looking when I joined this company was career growth which they failed to give me.
4,0
Training and development is good i loved working for them Thank you Nampak everyone was treated with respect.good benefits and family grow there from headoffice to plant level
5,0
My job is a bottle resort and board resort I really did enjoying it until my contract was expired and also I did learn so much as how interact with a team.
Pros
Day shifts
Cons
8 hours
4,0
Working at Nampak is really a journey of learning from when you commence with your job. There are quite a few Nampak tailored programmes that are provided to employees to develop themselves and climb the corporate ladder. There is also an encouragement from management for employees to pursue further studies. Working hours are not particularly strict they are flexible at Nampak head office. Learning also takes place in your job where you are given tasks that you have done before every now and again.
Pros
Not strick on working hours
Cons
Not that I can think of at the moment
5,0
very good company to work for.
I have learned a lot .Management look after the people and is always willing to assist

i enjoyed everyday at work .

people is friendly and always assisting where they can

we worked as a team
5,0
The day normally starts with a review of the previous day's performance in a manufacturing meeting. Assess the constrains and implement corrective action to continually improve performance. The organisations embark continuously on cost savings projects like material down gauging, energy savings etc. There was always bottom up approach between employees and management. The culture is team based. The ability to effectively run production and simultaneously develop or commission new product in conjunction with vendor makes our job challenging.Having a good relationship across the value chain makes my job very enjoyable
Pros
Working in a very competetive market
Cons
Seasonal market
4,0
a typical day at work involves strategy ,making sure everything is kept running smoothly to ensure optimum turn over.
ive learnt that it is open to be transparent with management and that discussions always pave the way forward .

Happy employees equate to optimal production.
Pros
close to home friendly people
Cons
long days
3,0
Well I also learned alot, a warm welcoming place to be, the management ensured that we enjoyed coming to work and we are happy and good at what we are doing.
Pros
Gainshare
Cons
Working under pressure
5,0
I am happy with current position, but not sure of future.
Don’t know if we will still have employment in the next year going forward. Were always very happy and positive to be a employee of Nampak. Always gave my outmost to contribute to the success of the business.
Pros
Long service with the company.
Cons
Will loose some benefits if I change employment now.
5,0
This position taught me the value of knowing ones product and the importance that knowledge makes in the sales field. It was a good grounding to develop independent workplace habits.
Pros
Working out of the office
Cons
Long trips away from home
4,0
I enjoyed working there.they provide traning on their machinery.they
are very helpfull.the working conditions are good.the employees are always there to show you how things work.
Pros
Good working condition
2,0
The SCA business is in the top 3 nappy producers globally and is a large business. They began hiring when they decided to split the Joint Venture with NamPak.

We were hired by NamPak under the disguise of a large business and then were given promises about massive growth in the new stand alone organization.

Global teams do not want to invest in Africa, we were sold a dream that doesn't exist.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
poor management
5,0
Friendly workforce, very passionate about training at all levels of the organization and very stable workforce, people work and retire 40 years later.
Pros
product development new initiatives
Cons
No cons
3,0
I enjoy my workplace and environment. I also feel I need a change of environment and I want to be exposed to other firms where I can grow further and be beneficial to a company from what I have gained over my years of broad experience.
4,0
Nampak is really a good company, even working in the IT department you get exposed to how things are made when you go to the factory's.
always friendly co-workers
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Long hours when DR testing
5,0
Need to took for new Opportunities.
Can not grow where I am at this moment.

I need new challenges in my working environment

I love to go to work everyday

I learned allot form my co-workers and Management over the years I'm at Nampak. I have ample patience and is a hard driven person.

My hardest part of my job daily is to make sure the lines is running smooth and have a good coverage of RPM for the 24hr shift run's.

I love to handle all the invoicing of stock out and receiving of stock levels, stock counts, and customer complaints, versus the credits.

And the trust that all my co-workers have in me for daily talks and all the advise I can give them. I have a very good bond with everybody in my Work place. I love to work with people in General.
4,0
Nampak has taught me a lot of responsibility and the ability to work with other people. Taught me leadership skills and communication as I work with the various stake holders within the company ranging from sales to production and stores.

I have been exposed to a lot of projects ranging from warehousing and inventory management projects which aimed at reducing operational costs.
Pros
Learning, growth, leadership
Cons
long hours, order
4,0
i learn a lot of things in this company , i learn how to deal with different peoples emotional peoples, and i also learn how to work with other peoples.
Pros
own lunch
Cons
depanding