Nampak
Nampak Employee Review

Productive and fun tocwork at. Too much union controlled HR

29 September 2020
The company is big and established with personal growth prospects. Good training programmes and well related to my trade. New technology and safety cautious. Good working hours and shift patterns.
4,0
Pros
Production bonus
Cons
Stand by
21 August 2016
Same role
Warehouse & Stores controller (Current Employee) - Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Nampak has taught me a lot of responsibility and the ability to work with other people. Taught me leadership skills and communication as I work with the various stake holders within the company ranging from sales to production and stores. I have been exposed to a lot of projects ranging from warehousing and inventory management projects which aimed at reducing operational costs.
Pros
Learning, growth, leadership
Cons
long hours, order
5,0
14 February 2015
Same role
Technical Controller (Current Employee) - Olifantsfontein, GP
The dynamics of operations especially in-plants comes with challenges that makes you grow, one needs to be flexible in order to meet customer's requirements. I've learned that one need to be close to the decesion maker in the group as well as people on the floor this makes you one step ahead of every one. I've learned if you know your process flow any changes that comes from the customer you'll be able to deal with it and manage it properly including employees during the short notice of change overs.
Pros
You get exposed to diferent challenges, Respect
Cons
Sometimes one needs to work late
5,0
27 August 2018
Same location
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) - Springs, Gauteng
The day normally starts with a review of the previous day's performance in a manufacturing meeting. Assess the constrains and implement corrective action to continually improve performance. The organisations embark continuously on cost savings projects like material down gauging, energy savings etc. There was always bottom up approach between employees and management. The culture is team based. The ability to effectively run production and simultaneously develop or commission new product in conjunction with vendor makes our job challenging.Having a good relationship across the value chain makes my job very enjoyable
Pros
Working in a very competetive market
Cons
Seasonal market