Nampak

Nampak Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Johannesburg, Gauteng10 reviews
4,0
Working at Nampak is really a journey of learning from when you commence with your job. There are quite a few Nampak tailored programmes that are provided to employees to develop themselves and climb the corporate ladder. There is also an encouragement from management for employees to pursue further studies. Working hours are not particularly strict they are flexible at Nampak head office. Learning also takes place in your job where you are given tasks that you have done before every now and again.
Pros
Not strick on working hours
Cons
Not that I can think of at the moment
5,0
very good company to work for.
I have learned a lot .Management look after the people and is always willing to assist

i enjoyed everyday at work .

people is friendly and always assisting where they can

we worked as a team
4,0
I enjoyed working there.they provide traning on their machinery.they
are very helpfull.the working conditions are good.the employees are always there to show you how things work.
Pros
Good working condition
4,0
The workplace was well organised. The factory had a good housekeeping. The manager was very empathetic to the issues we had encountered as Safety officers. He was willing to assist whenever he could.
Pros
Safety management system was effecient.
Cons
The employees did not have a safety culture.
4,0
There was a Traditional day at work,
I have learned that we have a lot of cultures in South Africa,

I was suprised by the Management participitation in the group

All the employees were happy and enjoying themselves as well they wee hands on

The hardest part was to organise the event

Everybody was working very hard and at the end of the day it was a success
5,0
Nampak is one of Africa's leading and biggest Packaging Manufacturing companies.
Nampak has a group function that service 9 major companies in South Africa and Africa namely Bevcan, Divfood, Flexible, Corrugated, Tissue, Sacks, Glass, Rigids,and African operations.

IT is centrally managed with Business application representatives at each company.

All services except for some African operation are delivered through a central IT model.

My current work is very challenging and rewarding as it is a big portfolio and thus keep things interesting.
Pros
Flexitime, ability to work remotely
Cons
Not Applicable
5,0
I do production planning, Scheduling and control, I also do inbound Logistics management, determining shifs activites for the machines.
Our management and co-workers are are great people to work with, my hardest time of my job is making sure that I plan production in a manner that there are no interruptions on the machines where a job goes to the machine but there are not all toolings available to produce the job, managing work in progress through out the production stages and communicating and coordinating all department inputing tooling into the production plan.
5,0
Its good to be on, friendly people and the management its to approach, co-work communicate well
Pros
family gifts
Cons
skip lunch
4,0
ensure all supply chain team is at customer site for delivery of good.
communicate with customer supervisors to obtain orders for the day .

check and ensure that all products required for that day is available.

communicate with my manager if there will be short supplies.

supervise the production team to ensure machines run efficiently and according to production plan.

do time and attendant register.

personal supply raw materials to production team.

conduct shift handover meetings

create job cards for technicians to attends on machine breakdowns..
Cons
shift work
5,0
Under the forever changing economic climate corporate industries requires that their core strategies to be converted to daily task to ensure sustainability and competitiveness .My sound experience on Financial management, Tax, Costing Strategy tactics, Project accounting, Auditing, commercial business acumen and people development through capacity building .

Climate change normally calls for strategic thinking around ethics. Ethics are pivotal in determining the success or failure of an organisation .Thus , I firmly believe that strong ethical foundation helps me to shape the business ethical agenda and incorporate ethics into strategy to ensure long-term sustainability.

• Corporate integrity is key for me to succeed,

• Professional competency as part of key ethics and due care ,

• Confidential plays a pivotal role in fostering a sharp discipline in ones leadership in creating a participative professional behaviour

I largely don’t dont compromise Honesty .

My experience has thought me to foster an open door style of management .

• This helps to encourage participation of employees

• Share information with teams

• Provides an opportunity for teams to participate

This will not only allow me to match and exceed the role at hand but will help the organisation to add value on the bottom line.