Nampak

Nampak Employee Reviews

South Africa51 reviews
4,0
It was really a great working environment , I was just unfortunate that I lost a job at the company, if they can call me back I will certainly not hesitate to go back. We need such kinds of companies in SA , I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the relationship. Helping each other and improving and reaching their set production targets, they certainly achievable. It's one of the advance companies in terms of technology and quality products.
Pros
bar was opened on morning shifts friday
Day to day HR Functions.
Introducing new staff to company.

Filing

diary management

enjoyed to work with staff within the company with HR matters
3,0
The Job I do every day is very challenging. Supporting all 5 Nampak/Bevcan plants it gives me pleasure. Working with supportive management is also very encouraging. Its more challenging to work with plant that is out side South Africa,sometimes I get feed back after three days. Apart from that, my job is enjoyable.
Pros
Free meal tickets on birthday
Cons
Extra hours, but woth it.
4,0
Honour appointments with clients regarding,

Forecasts

account queries

Product complaints

Pricing issues

New product developments

Management allows me to make decisions and support me

I engage with production people,planners and logistics

Having to engage with production people to see the bigger picture

Delivering on time and in full
Pros
Academic development supported & independant thinking
Cons
Growth is limited
5,0
Great company to work for in terms of security, but the company has started focusing into africa leaving the south african companies with no investment.
Pros
security, promotions
Cons
long hours, poor salaries
5,0
Daily workload is generally high, but can be accommodated if you have a well organized and willing team. Information and skill development is a huge part of the platform that relates to your effectiveness.
Respect diversity in the workplace, adapt and develop accordingly.

Not every person can be an efficient and effective manager, but merit needs to be taken into consideration.

Co-workers can be your solid foundation if fairness and humanity is open and truthfull.

Absenteeism and/or strikes places a huge burden and strain on the manufacturing enviroment.

People, opportunity and job satisfaction is of a very pleasing life adding value.
Pros
Lots learned and montly coffee rations.
Cons
Seasonal overtime.
4,0
I was suppose to have been given a study leave but at the same time be at work to load a transport that was scheduled to come and collect a product for Namibia. When your sub-ordinates do what their managers are doing, it becomes easier for the manager when there is a serious problem to attend.
Management focus is more on production than in employees success

the relation between workers and their line managers is very much vital and the hardest part of the job is that the line manager is still responsible for the job whether he personally did it or he delegated the sub-ordinate

When skill transferred is properly done within an organisation, is easy to delegate when required.
Pros
day off
Cons
late arrival of transport
4,0
The workplace was well organised. The factory had a good housekeeping. The manager was very empathetic to the issues we had encountered as Safety officers. He was willing to assist whenever he could.
Pros
Safety management system was effecient.
Cons
The employees did not have a safety culture.
4,0
There was a Traditional day at work,
I have learned that we have a lot of cultures in South Africa,

I was suprised by the Management participitation in the group

All the employees were happy and enjoying themselves as well they wee hands on

The hardest part was to organise the event

Everybody was working very hard and at the end of the day it was a success
4,0
it is a good place to grow if you to have a career in engineering. A nice environment to work in, with alot of friendly people who are always willing to help. But it requires dedicated and focused people to work there, as it is a 24 hour operation.
Pros
free food and drinks sometimes
3,0
Interacting with customers daily creates a fast pace environment where we need to be friendly and helpful as excellent customer service is our goal. We need to ensure that we maintain excellent customer service in relation with maintainng an excellent on time and in full delivery schedule "OTIF".
Most importantly I have learned that a team player will bring more knowledge and focus in your work environment.

The hardest part of the job will be to train your customers to adhere to forecast accuracy.

The most enjoyable part of my job will be interacting with the customers and striving to sort out their queries and issues efficiently and effectively.
Pros
Salary and benefits
5,0
The dynamics of operations especially in-plants comes with challenges that makes you grow, one needs to be flexible in order to meet customer's requirements. I've learned that one need to be close to the decesion maker in the group as well as people on the floor this makes you one step ahead of every one. I've learned if you know your process flow any changes that comes from the customer you'll be able to deal with it and manage it properly including employees during the short notice of change overs.
Pros
You get exposed to diferent challenges, Respect
Cons
Sometimes one needs to work late
5,0
Nampak is one of Africa's leading and biggest Packaging Manufacturing companies.
Nampak has a group function that service 9 major companies in South Africa and Africa namely Bevcan, Divfood, Flexible, Corrugated, Tissue, Sacks, Glass, Rigids,and African operations.

IT is centrally managed with Business application representatives at each company.

All services except for some African operation are delivered through a central IT model.

My current work is very challenging and rewarding as it is a big portfolio and thus keep things interesting.
Pros
Flexitime, ability to work remotely
Cons
Not Applicable
4,0
the day starts with a morning meeting once everyone is on the same age we then do what we do best.
work hard and play just as hard.

i have learned a lot from management regards to using every problem as an opportunity. there is no reason to over react as something has already been done, but more importantly how can we fix the problem and how can we prevent a reoccurrence.
4,0
Days can be on and off but the co-workers are friendly and personally if one is not understanding or forgiving ,it does bring negativity into the work area .I try not get involved in these sticky situations.
4,0
Provided learning exprience. Support in achieving company goals. Clear goals.
5,0
I always help others and I am enjoying that, Complete my tasks on daily basis very important. I have learned that if you don't know something make sure that you ask first to do it right first time. Hardest part of the job is being limited by not growing within the company. The most enjoyable part is being passionate about what I do and being accountable also working independently.
Pros
Free issues of toilet papers
Cons
No growth
4,0
I enjoy collaborative problem-solving and finding innovative ways of overcoming obstacles to drive my brand’s success. I have been a key developer of major sales strategies and negotiations for new product acquisitions that diversify the brand in a positive way. I focus on research, preparation and consistency when developing sales presentations for clients and prospective clients.

Work closely with Commercial director and reported to MD

Harderst part cold calling and price war in the market place

Very knowledgeable and technical colleagues

Innovation and reputable products in the market place
Pros
Strong relationship
Cons
Reliable
5,0
I do production planning, Scheduling and control, I also do inbound Logistics management, determining shifs activites for the machines.
Our management and co-workers are are great people to work with, my hardest time of my job is making sure that I plan production in a manner that there are no interruptions on the machines where a job goes to the machine but there are not all toolings available to produce the job, managing work in progress through out the production stages and communicating and coordinating all department inputing tooling into the production plan.
Shift 6-6
Solve problems daily as designs change daily

Manage 60 persons daily on three lines

Very good support from top management

To reach targets per shift is the hard part

To report every day when targets had been reached
Pros
Bonusses and shift allowances good sallary
5,0
Its good to be on, friendly people and the management its to approach, co-work communicate well
Pros
family gifts
Cons
skip lunch