Nampak

Nampak Employee Reviews

4,0
It was really a great working environment , I was just unfortunate that I lost a job at the company, if they can call me back I will certainly not hesitate to go back. We need such kinds of companies in SA , I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the relationship. Helping each other and improving and reaching their set production targets, they certainly achievable. It's one of the advance companies in terms of technology and quality products.
Pros
bar was opened on morning shifts friday
4,0
ensure all supply chain team is at customer site for delivery of good. communicate with customer supervisors to obtain orders for the day . check and ensure that all products required for that day is available. communicate with my manager if there will be short supplies. supervise the production team to ensure machines run efficiently and according to production plan. do time and attendant register. personal supply raw materials to production team. conduct shift handover meetings create job cards for technicians to attends on machine breakdowns..
Cons
shift work
2,0
Running around fighting fires I've learnt to handle pressure well and to interact with different level of people Lack of support from management No team work, everyone for themselves
5,0
Being sick, I of course always went to work, my supervisor at the time pushed production, I abided at stuck to what was expected of me. Colleagues complained on my behalf and I just carried on, boss was impressed, job got done. But the best part was the recognition. It was incredible.
Pros
salary
5,0
I manage two departments and when the foreman is absent from work, I need to run the daily reports on both sides including mine. Commitment and courage I have proves unexpectable achievements at the end of the day. Support and trust from managers makes me belive that I am a Super-Star for the company Excellent team play from colleouges makes it possible. Reports we submit and electronic time scheduling and aprovals makes it hard to have a day off from work. Submitting KPI's reports in time with green note makes me feel good and motivated, also as a safety representative I enjoy working around the factory and see good house keeping.
Pros
Only takes lunch when my daily work is stable.
Cons
Goes extra mile mostly daily
4,0
Stock and production Reports are up to date and on managers desk at 07h00 in the morning.Make sure that delivery schedule ready.Delivery notes ready and picked for the day.Raw material planning adequate for production run.Plan of incoming goods are planned.Very demanding environment. You have to be constantly on top of things. Literally think on your feet.This made me to grow in this fast paced environment.I like this pressurised environment for it keeps me on my toes.
Pros
cell allowance
4,0
Daily Maintenance meeting in the morning to review the past 24hrs and plan for the next 5 days. In these meetings root cause analysis of major challenges is done.Daily production meetings to review broader manufacturing challenges and plan ahead.Weekly project meetings to review process improvement projectsWeekly SHE plant walk-about with managementWeekly toolbox talks, focusing on SHE topicsWeekly review of maintenance expenditure and opportunities for cost saving
3,0
Everyday had to fill in da log sheetLubricate machinemake sure line is running wellassigned to work with a mentorlearned a lot about machines,mechanical drawings,about production and productivity.i enjoyed when the machine had a production breakdown because thats where the mentor and i get to fix da machine.
Pros
when you reach your target, you get free lunch
4,0
Fun workplace, there is team work, room for growth, have training and development programs
Pros
food vouchers
5,0
Under the forever changing economic climate corporate industries requires that their core strategies to be converted to daily task to ensure sustainability and competitiveness .My sound experience on Financial management, Tax, Costing Strategy tactics, Project accounting, Auditing, commercial business acumen and people development through capacity building .Climate change normally calls for strategic thinking around ethics. Ethics are pivotal in determining the success or failure of an organisation .Thus , I firmly believe that strong ethical foundation helps me to shape the business ethical agenda and incorporate ethics into strategy to ensure long-term sustainability.• Corporate integrity is key for me to succeed,• Professional competency as part of key ethics and due care ,• Confidential plays a pivotal role in fostering a sharp discipline in ones leadership in creating a participative professional behaviourI largely don’t dont compromise Honesty .My experience has thought me to foster an open door style of management .• This helps to encourage participation of employees• Share information with teams• Provides an opportunity for teams to participateThis will not only allow me to match and exceed the role at hand but will help the organisation to add value on the bottom line.
5,0
It was when i got a very rude customer and he didnt want to listen to anything just want to speak to the boss but the boss wasnt available- but i tried to calm him down. The management is very understanding and they are willing to teach you when needed. They are very friendly and happy people at all times. The hardest part of my job is when my switchboard is very busy and i dont have time to eat or go out for lunch but i can manage. Dealing with different people everday.
Pros
n/a
Cons
dont work (have)overtime