National Oilwell Varco
National Oilwell Varco Employee Review

Productive Workplace

4,0
22 September 2016
Traveled the world and saw many place. Great training received. Met a lot of foreign friends. Really learned a lot and will always be grateful for the opportunity to have worked for such a reputable company.
4,0Work/Life Balance
4,0Salary/Benefits
4,0Job Security/Advancement
4,0Management
4,0Culture
8 February 2021
Same role
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) - Cape Town, Western Cape
During my 4 years with NOV I have learnt a lot in a short period of time. Fellow workers and management worked well together were great. Workplace culture was something new to be experienced in South Africa and you gave and received recognition and respect.
Pros
top level training in various countries. Seeing what other countries are like.
Cons
Nothing comes to mind.
9 July 2018
Same role
Mechanical Field Service Technician (Former Employee) - South Africa
Grateful for the training and exposure I have received! Being able to pre for job, get on rig from traveling for hours and successfully complete the job as soon as possible.
Pros
Being looked after
Cons
Different rigs, different people
9 October 2019
Same location
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) - Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
NOV is by far one of the most rewarding workplace I've worked at. They provide you with all the relevant training, personally, emotionally and career wise to prepare you for working in the most harsh and dangerous environments there is. Apart from that, it is very fun and positive workplace. You are able to spend a fair amount of quality time with your family, more then any other company would offer. Personally had the opportunity to work on experimental rigs, assisting on developing control and data acquisition software. I would recommend this company to anyone.