National Oilwell Varco
3,9 out of 5 stars.
National Oilwell Varco Employee Review

4,0
15 January 2017
Every day was a is a busy day we are handling new projects and finding ways to improve planning productivity. I learned that it is not only important to have priorities, but also to schedule them. I am lead by a great management team that let me handle my work as a mature person see problems and bring solutions or suggestions on my own or with team-work. I work with analytic people which have influenced my personality to better. The hardest part in production planning is trying to keep everybody happy also being realistic. The most bad part is being the first on to see that the organization is going to lose money in a project. Every day is a new day with new challenges, there is never a day where it is a slow day in planning.
5,0Work/Life Balance
3,0Salary/Benefits
4,0Job Security/Advancement
5,0Management
4,0Culture
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
4,0
21 February 2016
Same roleSame location
Production Planner (Current Employee) - Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
A typical day at work: Running production meeting in the morning, getting feedback and giving feed forward to project engineers ans sales engineers about their projects. Scheduling and rescheduling jobs with MS projects to archive delivery dates and smooth work flow. What I learnt: Speaking skills, presenting skills. advance MS excel and MS project skills Management: Leaders, team players. Co workers: Supportive and team players. The hardest part of the Job: Running a project with a very tight delivery date where there is no slack time allowed. The most enjoyable part of the job: Day to day job telling people what to do and when to do it.
Pros
Quarterly functions team end year functions.
Cons
Working on weekends and holidays some times
5,0
9 October 2019
Same location
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) - Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
NOV is by far one of the most rewarding workplace I've worked at. They provide you with all the relevant training, personally, emotionally and career wise to prepare you for working in the most harsh and dangerous environments there is. Apart from that, it is very fun and positive workplace. You are able to spend a fair amount of quality time with your family, more then any other company would offer. Personally had the opportunity to work on experimental rigs, assisting on developing control and data acquisition software. I would recommend this company to anyone.
2,0
13 December 2017
Same location
CAD DRAUGHTSMAN (Former Employee) - Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
enjoyed working there. top management biased though. engineering team good relationship. support structures well co ordinated. learned a lot - projects, welding etc
Pros
profit based bonus